“Good Fresh Food”

Casa do Pintor - Gourmet & Bistro
Ranked #6 of 417 Restaurants in Lagos
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Open for Lunch & Dinner Everyday.
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is probably as fancy as you get for dining out in the laid back town of Lagos and it was a great deal. Seating is limited here so I would recommend making reservations. We dined here for my wife's birthday. Make sure you get the couvert to start, it's a steal for what you get. Our couvert was crab salad while we were there for only around 3 euros. We had the golden bream and bacon wrapped scallops for our mains. The bacon wrapped scallops came with crab mashed potatoes. The golden bream was fresh and cooked just right.

3  Thank Sunny W
There are newer reviews for Casa do Pintor - Gourmet & Bistro

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Every dish was fresh, tasty and well made. Although it was the most expensive meal we had in Lagos, it was worth every penny.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We have vistited Lagos about 25 Times now and this is the best restaurant by some way. The food takes a long time to arrive but is worth waiting for. The foil gras with gingerbread is one of the best starters I have ever had - even the couvert is special. The five courses for 35 euros is great value. You would pay double is at home for food that might just be as good.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

This was an excellent restaurant, definitely among the best in Lagos. However, for a small venue with a limited menu, I was disappointed that they didn't have the starter, mains or desert I wanted! The starter was a variation to the listing, the suckling pig was "finished" - but we were the first customers that evening! - and my preference for desert would "take too long to prepare".
After I chose a Portuguese wine (knowing very little about them) and the waiter had opened the bottle, he told me that he would have recommended something quite different to complement our meal...so why didn't he do that when we were ordering?!!!!
Service was on the slow side, value for money was average. Away from the main tourist area, but worth seeking it out.

1  Thank PaulTheMajor
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We went in october, foie gras and scallops for starters, best ever tasted, then lamb and suckling pig, both the best, then creme brûlée and sorbet with a bottle of wine. Wonderful meal we will never forget. You do have to wait but it is worth it, trust me, thanks chef and maitre D