“Excellent food + familar service”

Sao Goncalo Restaurant
Ranked #176 of 430 Restaurants in Lagos
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2013

First time in Lagos and we randonmly went to Sao Goncalo.Food was amazing and totaly recommned the Bifes Flambeados. The passion and familiar service makes everything even better.
Their son Thiago was our server and he was awesome.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I dined at the Restaurante S. Goncalo by myself on the day I visited Lagos. I didn't much want to shop and took some time to take in Santo Antonio further down the street. I walked slowly and checked out a dozen similar places, but liked the look of this one and noticed a dozen or so Brits having lunch inside. They looked comfortable, so I decided to join the party.

The interior of the restaurant is typical with its fishing and nautical motifs - photos and paintings of fish, boats, some netting, and musical instruments. I was seated on the side with a view of the tables outside and ordered a glass of local red wine, a very good tomato-based fish soup, and an appetizer portion of mussels cooked in tomatoes and onions. I enjoyed my food very much and was pleased with the size of the portions and attention from the waiter. I'd eat here again.

1  Thank redeco
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We always eat here on our visits to Lagos, Paulo the owner is very nice, its a family affair with his son and wife working in the restaurant too. Its small but friendly, i love the steak on the stone, but have tried lots of other dishes, always good. Paulo always cooks my husband his portuguese steak,which he cooks in the restaurant, great sangria too in there.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

A small restaurant with a small staff who were at times under pressure to keep up, but a warm welcome and a glass of sparkling wine to get one in the mood! My Sea Bream a la plancha was fresh and perfectly cooked - companions both ate chicken dishes that they found succulent and well served with tasty sauces. There was a bustle to the place and folk turned away when full so table reservation a good idea!
With wine and puddings, our bill came in at only €57 for three - very good value and left with the feeling of a most enjoyable dinner. Recommended.

Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Nice atmosphere and decor . friendly staff great food. Could have done without Christmas carols for short while during meal though lol