“Beautiful food, fantastic service”

Real Portuguese Cuisine
Reserve a Table
Thu, 6/27
8:00 PM
Ranked #3 of 474 Restaurants in Lagos
Description: We are an elegant, cozy, and intimate restaurant in the heart of Lagos. We serve Portuguese cuisine with a twist and always use fresh local ingredients. We provide a warm and attentive service. Our restaurant seats 22 guests indoors and 8 on the terrace facing the street. This is a perfect spot for a nice lunch or a relaxed dinner.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

After a recommendation from my Sister, I booked a table months in advance of my visit to Lagos. I was not disappointed.
The menu choice was reasonably small, as was the restaurant, however, the food was just beautiful. I had the amazing baked cheese to start, followed by black pork cheeks and finishing with chocolate mousse, it was all delicious and accompanied with very good wine. I could not have been happier at the end of my visit. I do have to comment on the lovely tableware, it helped to make the meal as special as it was.
The service was very professional, yet also friendly. If you enjoy very good food in a beautiful atmosphere, I would recommend highly. I am certainly looking forward to visiting again when we return to Lagos.

Date of visit: May 2019
jo_or451, Proprietário at Real Portuguese Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear guests,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review about your dinner at Real.
It makes us so happy to know that you had a wonderful experience with us.

Kindest regards from all of us at Real

Reviewed May 20, 2019

We went here due to Trip Adviser reviews. The menu is limited, which is not surprising in view of the size of the place. The lamb shank was off (again not surprising). We waited 75 minutes for the food to arrive. The sea bass was minute, and so thin it was almost translucent. I do not have a large appetite but was forced to have the cheeseboard to feel remotely sated.

1  Thank neal_etherington

Dear Neal,

Thank you for your visit and comments.

All the best
Real Portuguese Cuisine

Reviewed May 20, 2019

This family run dining venue has a cosy atmosphere and personal service one would usually only get at someone's home. The warmth and attention to the service detail is matched by the high quality of the food. The cuisine is Portuguese with a twist. Every course was delicious. The seafood was amazing and wonderfully seasoned. There is a great selection of wines and ports. The house wines are tremendous and thoughtfully chosen for value.
This is not just another restaurant but a dining experience that provided us a memorable evening.
If you are seeking a special meal and evening in a warm, welcoming setting this would be hard to beat. Would advise early booking, well in advance, as the limited tables are in high demand. We saw many people without bookings having to be denied the chance to experience this great venue.

Dear Rajm

Thank you so much for your visit and for your kind words. We’re happy to know that you enjoyed your meal and the service at Real.

It was a pleasure serving you and we will be delighted to see you again in the future.

Kind regards,
All of us at Real

Reviewed May 15, 2019

Our first visit to this truly fabulous restaurant. Food was outstanding. My wife had the sea bass & I had the lamb shank which were both cooked to perfection. I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough. The owner & his staff were very attentive & professional. Highly recommended. We will most definitely visit on our next trip to Lagos.
George. Scotland

Date of visit: May 2019
jo_or451, Proprietário at Real Portuguese Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2019

Dear guests,

Thank you so much for dining with us and for taking the time to leave us such a great review.
We are so happy to know that you enjoyed your dinner and service with us.

We hope you will have a chance to come back and dine with us again in the future.

Kindest regards from all of us at Real

Reviewed May 14, 2019 via mobile

First visit to this wonderful restaurant for my wife’s birthday. Amazing food, friendly and attentive staff. Many thanks to Joao and the team for a fantastic evening. Will certainly be visiting again. Recommend booking in advance!

Dear guests,

It is such a pleasure to read these wonderful words about your dinner at our restaurant!
Thank you so much for sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor and recommending us.
We are really happy to know that you enjoyed your evening with us.

Once again, a big thank you and kindest regards from all of us at Real