$417
Free cancellation until 08/02
Book now, pay at stay
$142
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $191/night.

$215
Free cancellation until 08/03
$249
$237
Hotels.com
All reviewsbooze cruisecrepesmama makesevery morningcommon roomprincess roomhuge partypub crawl every nightbar crawlown bathroomhome away from homeshort walkmammapubcrawlpartyingnetflixportugal
Reviewed April 19, 2012

this hostel has an awesome social vibe to it, so easy to meet a great group! if you don't want to party dont stay here though coz it gets super noisy! We had a super fun night out with a huge group of people! The rooms are really nice and really clean and well priced! they have 3 computers with free internet and a HUGE plasma tv screen.

The guy at reception was a real [--] but Mama and Papa who run the hostel are SOOOO nice and really welcoming and do everything they can to make you feel at home! overall i definately think if you're going to lagos, go here!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Mama and Papa run this joint with passion... but don't expect to get any sleep. On arrival our check in was greeted by a friendly Australian who proceed to tell us most things, but forgot to give us a room key that work and a wrist band for discounts around the place. Our first night we made the mistake of checking in too late to party and proceeded to be placed in a room next to reception where everybody seems to hang out from about 2am-4am...
The blankets and pillows need an upgrade, with all the fun times they promote I imagine that they would need to be sterilised after each stay.
It was memorable and the was never someone too far away to help, however if you don't plan on doing things how they do things you may just run into trouble...
Great fun place, just don't stay there the whole time in Portugal.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 16, 2012

As a solo-traveler in her mid-20's this hostel offered an experience that I was looking for. It was social and active, and I met some wonderful people from all over the world. It is not however, for those looking for a quiet night of rest.

The room I booked and the room I received were not exactly the same, based on bed counts, but I was alright with that. the room did have an unexpected private bathroom in it, which was a nice surprise. The beds were comfortable enough for the price, however I honestly think there were bedbugs in the 1st bed I slept in. I don't think the sheets were actually changed as I had a definite allergic reaction. I would suggest bringing a sleeping bag or your own pillow.

The hostel parties until the early morning hours, which as my last destination on my European travel circuit, I was completely alright with. This should be stressed though, as there was one Spanish women in my room in her 40's who was clearly annoyed by the hallway antics.
The proprietor, Mama, is a friendly women who makes the most amazing breakfast crepes and "magic lemon drink" that is said to cure hangovers.

The hostel is also a little difficult to find, despite the directions given on the website. Once found though, it was in a great location to walk around Lagos and to adventure over to the beaches.

I would definetely recommend this place for young travelers looking to meet people and enjoy a social setting, over the actual comforts of a hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank CTravs
Reviewed November 28, 2011

The bedding was quite surprisingly bad, and the hostel was almost empty. The girl at reception was not officially supposed to check us in, but was very friendly.
Mama's crepes in the morning were fantastic though!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 30, 2011

I stayed at Rising Cock back in July 2009 with 6 of my girlfriends. We absolutely loved our time in Lagos and went from 2 nights to 5 at the Rising Cock Hostel.

Because there was so many of us, we were put in the apartment which is located a couple of streets back from the hostel. The apartments were alot nicer then the dorm rooms so we were glad. Its an average hostel in terms of the rooms/cleanliness/etc. But Rising Cock stands out because of the homely atmosphere and great vibe. Mama and Papa are the cutest Portugese couple who make you feel at home! Mama makes home-made crepes every morning while you sit and chat with her and other guests. Such a great touch!

They also offer a fun booze cruise!

Loved Lagos and would recommend Rising Cock purely because of Mama and Papa!

• Stayed: July 2011