“don't miss the cocktail bar at the back!”
Review of Taberna De Lagos - CLOSED

Taberna De Lagos
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Every Monday Live Fado music (traditional Portuguese music) also every Friday & Saturday Live Music in September. Unique menu, great gin selection (more than 50) & amazing cocktails.
Reviewed September 29, 2013

interesting menu, great crowd watching, cocktails to die for ... we returned a couple of times to this spot during our recent trip to Lagos. Friendly service and a great location in the old town made it a highlght.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Found this on our second visit to Lagos and wish we had found it before. Staff are AMAZING and so friendly. Food is OUTSTANDING. I got taught how to make the perfect Mojito. So excited to go back and enjoy the calming atmosphere soon.

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Had a very nice evening meal with my wife. Food was excellent. Service was good but a little stretched. Atmosphere was nice. We sat inside as it was a windy evening but still very nice and easy on the eye.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I came on this place while walking along the street. I liked the look of it and I had to wait for a table. I was glad I did. The menu is excellent with a wide variety of choices and the service is friendly and efficient. We ate outside and watched the world go by. The house wine was very good which is usually a good sign of quality and standard of a restaurant. However what the average passer-by might miss is the excellent cocktail bar inside. The cocktails are on the expensive side (for the region) €8-€10 but they are made with true ingredients, best qulaity spirits and proepared and dressed in an old fashioned way which makes them very good value.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Ate here about 2 weeks ago with the other half and our baby. Couldn't fault the staff at all but we were disappointed with the food we received, given it was one of the more expensive restaurants in Lagos. I had a Bruschetta to start which was a bit bland. Ordered steak for mains - came out a little more rare than I like and very little veg/potatoes accompaniment. Just didn't feel like the food merited the price.