“best Italian in town - not just a pizza place”
Review of Pizzeria Italia

Pizzeria Italia
Ranked #139 of 424 Restaurants in Lagos
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2012

my favourite restaurant in Lagos, friendly staff,excellent Italian food prepared by rocco the true Italian chef, forget the pizza go for the costeleta novilho, t bone it is the best beef in town, or if you like lamb his rack of lamb to die for another superb dish is the beef with artichokes and peppers and mushrooms served in wrapped foil.the cover is to die for, and he doesbthe best zabaglione I have ever eaten.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Visited July 2012, after last dining here 5 years ago. Not changed at all. Friendly staff, good food, reasonable prices. Bang in the centre of Lagos, you can't miss it. Very lively and always busy, with Portuguese as well as tourists. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

We first visited this restaurant on our first-ever trip to Lagos last year, and after enjoying a fantastic meal at Pizzeria Italia last year, we had to visit the restaurant again this year.

The day we visited the restaurant we decided on having our evening meal early because we wanted to watch the Euro 2012 football later that night, so we arrived at the restaurant at around 5:30pm. The restaurant was empty at this time, but did start to fill up later on. With the restaurant being so quiet when we first arrived we were served really quickly and even had the pleasure of having a chat with the manager/owner, who was a really nice person. He even brought out a nice dish for us to try between courses, for free.

We enjoyed a selection of Italian breads and olive oil to start with and I chose the lasagne, which was delicious and absolutely huge, for my main course. I would go as far to say that it is the best lasagne I have ever been served in any restaurant. Last year, I had the arrabiata, which was also very nice. However, the lasagne is the standout dish and I can't recommend it highly enough.

I also really like that you can sit outside and watch the world go by without feeling like you are being watched by passers-by whilst you eat.

If I ever visit Lagos again, Pizzeria Italia will definitely be on my list of places to eat at. Great food, generous portions, fairly priced, good wine and friendly staff - I wish every Italian restaurant was like it.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Decent pizza, but my seafood linguine could have had a better balance of seafood (rather than just a lot of squid!) The risotto was good, and chocolate mousse was delicious. Service was a bit haphazard and despite making a reservation we were sat outside (which we hadn't requested).

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We went twice while we were on holiday. Loved the location and if you can try and get a table outside as you can see what is going on without those passing seeing what you are having to eat and the service was very good. My husband had the onion soup which he said was absolutely amazing and he said the seafood liguine was excellent. I had a lovely pizza and lasagne. The couverts are really good - garlic bread with dips, chillis, pickled onions, olives etc so well worth having if you don't want a starter. The house wine was also ok. Definitely will be back next year.