“One of my favs in Portugal - MUST TRY”
Review of Cachoa Restaurant

Cachoa Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 479 Restaurants in Lagos
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 2, 2018

Wanted a nice dinner out in a our last night in Lagos so we decided to check this place out.

Had to take a taxi as it wasn't walkable from our hotel. It's sorta off the beaten path but wow what a great setup. It's a converted house with a beautiful front garden. We made reservations in advance(recommended) and had a nice table in the great garden setup they have in the front.

Already impressed, I couldn't wait to try out the food

Starter - we shared the beef carpaccio and stuffed mushrooms. The carpaccio was amazing, great presentation and tasty vinaigrette. The creamy cheese and smokey bacon that was stuffed in the mushrooms were great - I just wished the mushroom caps were bigger :P

For my main, I had Perch with Homemade tomato sauce and apple curry. FLAVOUR EXPLOSION. I just love everything about this dish. It was served with friend fennel and crab mashed potatoes that you can ACTUALLY taste the crab!

Had the chocolate mousse for dessert which was tasty as well. The service was good and the staff was friendly and warm. Portions are plenty here so be prepared to be very full. I have nothing bad to say about this place except I wish I lived closer to it :)

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Sanjeev S

Reviewed September 2, 2018

We are NYC foodies ... and loved this restaurant. The food was excellent (especially the eggplant entree that we shared as an appetizer and the duck) ... and quite plentiful. The atmosphere in the garden was great too (except for the fumes from one smoker). And the service was excellent. Our GPS didn’t recognize the address ... make sure you follow the Funchal sign at the roundabout. Cash only remember.

1  Thank jeffreyq2017
Reviewed August 25, 2018

Another delicious meal out with Family & friends, total of 7 in our party & all the food was delivered in good time, hot & fresh. There is not an extensive children's menu but they can make changes to suit your children. Lovely outside seating area, with blankets provided should the air turn chilly as it can do. The Carpaccio is a favourite of ours & the chicken salad.
Very friendly staff worth a drive out to. Only downside remember to take cash as there is not cash machine facility

Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

Nothing to say that hasn't already been said. Beautiful place with lovely outside seating terrace and tables in the gardens. Just remember the flying insect repellent!

Food was simply exquisite. 5 dots does not adequately praise it, it's worthy of 7 or 8. We had Cachoa salad - the most beautifully presented, full of flavour salad either of us have ever had. Salmon carpaccio was also lovely. Main courses of stuffed pork loin and duck were again stunningly presented with fresh veg and potato gratin or croquette. Flavour perfect and big portions.

Dessert of apple pie and cream was lovely, subtle nutmeg flavour and slow baked apple.

Add in friendly, attentive staff, reasonably priced wine too and Cachoa is perfect. We can't wait to return! Advise booking at busy times.

Reviewed August 4, 2018

Cachoa has a really nice outdoor seating area that provides a nice atmosphere. We found the food a bit lacking for the price. I had the salmon and felt that the sauce overwhelmed the taste of the fish. Boyfriend had the chicken was fine. It was a nice meal, but definitely overpriced.