“The best peri peri chicken in Lagos”

Mullens Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #60 of 477 Restaurants in Lagos
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 5, 2019

My husband I visited Mullens after doing some research on here for the best peri peri chicken in Lagos... and we weren't disappointed!

The restaurant was fairly empty when we got there, however it quickly filled up so during peak season you may need to book.

It's fairly dark inside and if it was a really hot day it could be quite warm, however it was a cooler evening for us so it was perfect. There is a garden area too if it is a scorcher of a day.

My husband and I both ordered the chicken- it came on an impressive platter with a delicious salad. The waitress kindly let us have chips with it instead of potatoes.

Not only was the chicken delicious, the chips were hand cut proper chips which we haven't had anywhere else since we've been here. The chocolate mousse for pudding was also very good.

The service was brilliant, good value for money and fantastic food

All in all I would thoroughly recommend

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed June 4, 2019 via mobile

Loooved this place. Such a lovely atmosphere, felt like I was on a wonderful day. We were on a mission to find the best chicken piri piri in Lagos and we found it!!

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed June 2, 2019

If you're after comfy seats, don't come here, if it's a good atmosphere and tasty food, you might have to book - it's delicious . (Although , I must day I didn't like the pickled carrot starter :0 ) We had Mozambique stew and Salmon and real chips ,which were very tasty We went on a Saturday and were lucky to get in as we hadn't booked. For two of us with starters and drinks it was just over E40 would recommend (they do provide cushions for your seat if you look )

Reviewed May 31, 2019

fantastic rustic bar and restaurant, Food fab especially Beef Mozambique and great entertainment .Had to try it twice

Reviewed May 29, 2019

Friendly, professional, quick service, on top of that the food was so fresh and tasty. The atmosphere was really relaxed with great music. We had a really good night out and laughed a lot.
Nothing to dislike at all, I would recommend if you enjoy good music and good food all at a superb price. I would certainly like to go again.