Hotel Mar Azul
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Villas D. Dinis(Lagos)(Great Value!)
$111
$98
$84
Tivoli Lagos Hotel(Lagos)(Great Value!)
$81
  • Pool
$140
$137
Canavial I & II Apartments(Lagos)(Great Value!)
$48
$44
$205
$198
Orbitz.com
Carvi Beach Hotel Algarve(Lagos)(Great Value!)
$86
$52
  • Pool
$368
$344
All reviewscentral locationtiny balconyfew minutes walkgreat showerexcellent locationsmall hotela sea view roompleasant stayvisiting lagosold townenjoyed our staytrain stationtown centreeurohostelbeachesportugal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 2, 2011

The good:Central location, very clean,nice staff,

The bad: breakfast, very noisy, my room was facing the street and it was very noisy at night until about 3 a.m but anyway I could hear other guests slamming doors and a dog barking until late in the night, wifi connectionwas not working in the room but only in the lobby, tired mattress

Room Tip: Get a room in the back
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 21, 2011

We loved staying at the central Pensao MarAzul. It was so close to everything, and the owner was very helpful and friendly with whatever needs we had. We had a double room with a shared bathroom. We ended up having a shower in our room too.

The breakfast is fantastic, making it even better value for money. There is also free wifi with good reception in the rooms. This hotel was central, clean, welcoming and we would definitely recommend it to anyone we know.

Room Tip: We asked for one with a sea view and we weren't disappointed.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Lagos hotels seem to be generally overpriced for the value, so I was thrilled to get an en suite room over the weekend at the lovely MarAzul for the reasonable price of 40 euros per night with breakfast. It is in the heart of the tourist area but doesn't get any noise from the street. (I did get some noise as other guests walked by late at night). Room is pleasant with a tiny tv that has lots of cable channels. There is no AC but there is a ceiling fan that did the trick. Shower is big and really good.

Breakfast is nice. Ample coffee and oj and a large bread basket.

Free wifi in the guest rooms.

Owner Rui is really really great and speaks excellent English. When I had to leave very early one morning he packed a breakfast for me in a bag with a nice note. When I brought in dinner one night he gave me a place mat, silverware and made sure I had everything I needed. The hotel will also lend you beach umbrellas free of charge.

This place is a budget traveler's dream. Just book early if you'll be there on a weekend in high season.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We arrived in Lagos very late and were lucky to get the last available room in MarAzul. We really enjoyed the place.
it's perfecly located in the city centre and close to the beach. The rooms were very tidy and nicely furnished and breakfast was surprisingly good! Marazul was probably the place we saw in Portugal for this price (double room 40Eus)
The staff was extremely nice and helpful - and not only while we were at the hotel, but also afterwards: I left my guide at the hotel lobby and they sent it back to me to Germany.
I was really impressed!!!
Thanks again, Benjamin

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2011

i went with my bestfriend for a relaxing trip, for one week..and we really enjoyed the time we spent there...the location it's amazing, you are just in the middle of the main street and you can do pretty much what you want..the room was very clean and the bathroom as well, and to top that, the staff has been helpful and very friendly. the breakfast was quite basic but very nice, dont expect sausages and eggs...!!
all this for a very good price, we'll be back!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends