Frangaria Hospedaria
$156
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Ibis Faro(Faro)(Great Value!)
$72
$87
$66
  • Bar/Lounge
$58
All reviewsno liftrestaurant next doorfaro airportroom was largeincluded scrambled eggsextra bedone nightfirst floorcatch an early flightroad noisebreakfast roomcomfy bedwi fihot watervery nice hotelold townluggage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was sorry I would only be here for a few hours. The view from my room was lovely, the breakfast looked ever so good, I did not have the time to indulge with a flight to catch. Hotel organized a taxi for me which was a super price but then it is only about a 5 minute ride from the airport. The porter did carry my case to the room and back down again when I was leaving. I would stay again the value was not good for me because I could not avail myself of the breakfast

Room Tip: Top floor has lovely views
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank aussietraveller03
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Very good value for money, less than five minutes from the airport, breakfast was available from 04.30. Spaciously comfortable rooms. Very reasonably priced restaurant. Having previously always stayed in Faro itself pror to leaving for the Airport, we found the Frangaria to be far more convenient and affordable ( £59 for three adults per night). The only criticism would be the lack of signage from the main Airport road.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank peregrino43
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for four nights and found it very comfortable. The hotel was clean, my room was spacious, the staff were very obliging, the breakfast was good, and the sound insulation excellent. There is a very nice restaurant adjacent to the hotel, with a limited but certainly not over-priced menu and good service.The hotel is ideally located for the airport, the Forum Algarve shopping centre, and the pleasant town of Faro. All-in-all, good value for money and to be recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Gerald H
Reviewed September 12, 2012

In a great location, this hotel is perfect for easy reach of Faro, the airport and Faro beach either by car or bus. We found the bus service very frequent even over the weekend and the suburb Montenegro with its restaurants and bars is within easy walking distance if you want to eat outside of the hotel. The real selling point of the hotel were the staff who were very willing to re- arrange rooms (we pre-booked a double room for two, circumstances changed and three of us turned up) despite our last minute change in requirements. No sighs/tuts/rolling of eyes that often accompany requests to change or alter arrangements. The hotel was very clean and breakfast was perfectly adequate and good value. The staff also found us a room to shower and change in after our checkout (and a day spent on the beach) prior to leaving for the airport. They even provided us with fresh towels. Fantastic service, thank you.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the back of the hotel as the views are good and better than overlooking the dual carriageway.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nickynose
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Was arriving late at Faro airport so would not be able to continue my journey by train until the next day. Had booked in here for one night as it was near the airport.

The hotel was fine, the room was spacious and clean win air conditioning. Nice size bathroom and very clean also. Not much charm to the room but very functional and a comfortable bed. The wifi was fine but I do not think there were many guests the night I was there.

Breakfast was lovely and there was plenty to choose from. Took my time and enjoyed the fish fruit.

Reception was very helpful and efficient. I agree with the other review that the bus service, though close to the hotel, can be a bit unreliable. Less than 2 euro, paid on the bus, to the centre and train station. Bus 16. Taxi from the airport took less than five minutes but was still 8 euro! It was late though. If you rent a car at the airport they have free parking at the hotel as well.

All in all, a good place to stop off for a night. Would use it again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo