“Clank, Clank, Clank goes the door!..Ants Ants Ants, Bitten to the core...Please dont do it...!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Faro
Faro Central Guesthouse
Ranked #27 of 32 Specialty Lodging in Faro
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I was looking for a sleep over for one night before an early flight. Well I didn't feel safe when I approached a run down area of Faro with weird people hanging around. I had to call a person to let me in. He was happy to put my 20 euro note into his shirt pocket and gave me no receipt or 5 cents change - very dodgy. He was polite for a few seconds, but just was speaking over me to his dodgy friends in portugese. It was all a mess, they asked how i booked, could I have my voucher, which website I booked etc... Very odd. I was given my key after 3 other people pushed there way into being served first. It was like they knew nothing of my booking and had no idea of what was going on. Entering my room was fine, although the lock was tricky. Bathroom was old, but clean and had hot water. The lounge I gave a miss as it was a mess. I slept a little. It said by the entrance for people staying to be quiet after 10pm..This was a joke..The neighbourhood was noisy, I heard the owner checking in more people at stupid a clock and he was so loud. I heard every word! Clanking and banging doors through the night. In the morning I started to itch..and itch..and I felt bite bumps on my face and my arms. Then I saw some ants on the floor and in my linen.. Then I saw a funny creature on my bed, a small silver bug. Naturally was bitten by ants in the night... I just got back home and I was blotchy all over, my back was lethal of ant bites and I was constantly itching. I have complained and Laterooms has kindly and remarkably taken this Guesthouse off their website I see.. Please do not attempt to make a booking as my bites were intrusive for 3 weeks!.The marks are just about fading and it is now nearly December 1st. And Faro Central is non-existant at night...no convenience store open after 9pm whatsoever!..So thank you Faro Central Guesthouse for giving me an infestation of ants to eat me alive over my last night.. HEAD FOR LAGOS EVERYONE! NOT FARO!..I WAS NOT AMUSED. But did enjoy Lagos, Montegordo and Faro Old Town.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo