Baixa Portugal Terrace Hostel
$141
Agoda.com
$134
$124
Hotel Ibis Faro(Faro)(Great Value!)
$80
ibis
Best Western Hotel Dom Bernardo(Faro)(Great Value!)
$90
$194
$181
HotelsClick
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscommunal areasplace to stayhamplugcheesecerealtaxi
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My friend and me slept in a 4-bed room for one night and our stay was great. We could do the check-in late in the night and the guy showed us the whole place, even the terrace just after arriving. He offered us information about Faro and Lisbon, our next destination. All the facilities were properly clean (the bedroom, bathroom, kitchen...). The kitchen was fully equipped. The breakfast, which was varied and tasty, was served in the terrace, which is a really nice and comfortable place. We had no problems there whatsoever! Excellent value!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed in this hostel, which started operating not so long ago. The open terrace is lovely. Here you can have breakfast in the open air. There is an honesty bar, where you can drink and leave the money in the box. Thus, your honesty is tested.
Luis the owner is friendly and helpful. We paid him €50 for both of us, to take us to St. Vincent cape, near Sagres. This this the South-Western most point of Europe. Luis is from here originally. He took us to a lovely restaurant, situated on a hill, overlooking the harbour. It was amazing view and food was tasty. We also visited Lagos, with the famous rock formations and cave tunnels in rocks.
Hostel has a kitchen where you can cook. There is a lovely balcony to seat.
I would advice everybody to stay in this welcoming, cosy hostel with helpful and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Book a private room
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stayed there alone, and I felt right at home! The hostel is really more like a home. Luis is so welcoming, he really puts effort into mingling with the guests and getting to know them. It's a friendly environment which makes it easy to make friends if you are there by yourself. The hostel is very new, very clean, comfortable, and overall I had an amazing experience there. A few of us even had dinner together with Luis at the hostel one night - it was like a 2-day family. 100% recommend, I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Faro! Close to everything as well. One tip: there is no sign outside, you just have to look at the street number which is above the door on the hostel.

Room Tip: My room was at the end of the hall on the bottom floor, by the laundry, and I couldn't hear a thing. Even with the windows open it was a fairly quiet street so it didn't interfere with my sleep.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Arrived in Faro, found the hostel very easy from the bus station. Has a beautiful sunny roof top to sit and drink beers have food or just lounge around. Close to old town and the harbour.

Good times all around.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Absolutely the best hostel I have ever stayed at with the best hostel owner ever!!!!! I felt instantly welcomed and at home!!

If you go to Faro I hope you are lucky enough to be able to stay at this amazing place!!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends