“Great Lunch”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We had lunch at Entra in Faro which on Mondays to Fridays offer a 9 euro meal that was excellent and unbelievable value for money.
Included was a glass of wine or beer followed by a freshly made sardine topping on ciabatta plus plain bread and a freshly made olive pesto to spread. Next was a small skewer on which was tomatoes and goats cheese, we then had a choice of a fish or meat main course and finally a wonderful mousse for desert and coffee.
The staff were very friendly and efficient and explained the different courses to us, we cannot praise the restaurant high enough.

There are newer reviews for Entra...

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Nothing like a good big g and t after a hard weeks work. A great spot and an attentive waiter. My fiends had the best fillet steak of their lives. I suffered a little as a veggie but ring first and they will do something. What surprised me most was how nice the other guests were!! Great service a little slow but very relaxed. Don't sit too close to the door but have a drink outside first. Will take the girlfriend there..

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We had read good reviews about the restaurant and decided to spent our last night in Faro here. The decoration was modern and clean. The food in general was really tasty. I don't usually eat seafood, but I thought I was in Portugal so should give it a try. So I ordered a roast cod fish which was really nice. My boyfriend wanted a Uruguayan steak, but unfortunately they didn't have it that evening which was a little bit disappointing. So he ordered wild boar instead which was delicious. We also had a stuffed mushroom as a starter. It was nice as well, but we wouldn't recommend. There were 2 staff that served us this evening. There was a guy with glasses that greeted us and led us to the table was really friendly and helpful and attentive. The other female staff took our order wasn't friendly at all. She looked very unhappy from the moment she walked to our table. But overall, it' a nice restaurant and worth trying if you are in Faro.

1  Thank weiwei1025
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

We had read the reviews and wanted a nice meal to celebrate my birthday. We were not disappointed. The young man who served us (who we think also owned the restaurant) was so attentive and very helpful... The service was fantastic. My boyfriend had fish cake to start and I had the shrimps. The shrimps were beautiful.... Make sure you order bread with them! For our main we had sirloin steak.... It was melt in your mouth beautiful. The guy explained to us that it's imported from Uruguay and how it's kept so succulent, along with how it's cooked. The steaks came with a small side salad & herb wedges. Presentation was immaculate. We asked for a wine similar to a Sauvignon Blanc as that's our usual drink & he provided us with a great alternative. We didn't have desert as we were full but I asked for an aperitif & was given a glass of almond liqueur which he mixed with a little lemon.... It was divine. I had another! An all round great experience. The place has only been open 4 months.... I see this place doing very well.

Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

We went to this restaurant after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor and were not to be disappointed.

Faro is quiet in November and the restaurant only had 2 couples in it when we arrived, but don't let that put you off. As from the moment we entered Entra, we were greeted and treated wonderfully by the restaurant manager.

We were advised on the food and the best wine to have and from there on in, everything was simply delicious.

I had cod fish cakes to start, whereas my girlfriend had the prawns. My partner is prawn-crazy and described these ones as being amongst the best she has had.

We both went for the Uruguayan, sirloin steak (only €12) and there are not enough words to describe how good it was, cooked to perfection, tender, juicy, simply wonderful.

The manager invited us to try a local almond drink as a digestif, again this was a great suggestion and very refreshing.

Entra has only been open a few months, but deserves to be around for years to come.