All reviewsold towndogs barkingroom was cleanstork nesthotel bookedair conminute walkfit for purposewithin walking distancetrain stationgood sizecontinental buffetmain townspoke good englishfriendly hotelcleaned every daystayed here for nights
Reviewed November 29, 2015

I was in Faro for a couple of days and needed somewhere central.
If your looking for a Holiday resort hotel, this isn't it.
Its a typically Portuguese hotel, the staff were friendly, spotlessly clean, central location, & excellent value for money.

• Stayed: November 2015, traveled solo
1  Thank Arnoldis40
Reviewed October 29, 2015

It was ok for me as I arrived late and left early. Quite noisy outside but not the hotel's fault. Otherwise clean and friendly staff. Good value for money. Would stay again for a short break or for overnight stay.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled solo
Reviewed September 30, 2015 via mobile

I stayed here for 1week while my friend was in hospital after an accident. Great location 10min walk to hospital or 10min walk to marina, shops & historical places.
The staff made me feel extremely, welcome helped me use the public computer to communicate with insurance, room was lovely & clean even had a fridge in it. Bar/lounge area was very comfortable. I would definitely go back. Hopefully under better circumstances

Stayed: September 2015, traveled solo
1  Thank ejp1975
Reviewed August 17, 2015 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised with my stay here. The room was very clean, the bed was large and very comfortable. Shower was very powerful. It is about a 10-15 minute walk into the city centre (the marina and all of the restaurants and stores). I only stayed one night so I didn't have much interaction with the staff however they were pleasant. Good value for your money.

Stayed: August 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alexandria M
Reviewed August 11, 2015 via mobile

The staff at this hotel should feel very proud as they do a wonderful job to make their guests feel comfortable and welcome. Our first time in Faro was complimented superbly by this understated but really great hotel.
So the location isn't 'pretty' but it seemed a good neighbourhood; and the local feel I actually liked. The hotel itself, because it's not modern, has charm and character, which actually benefits the place.
Our room (top rear) had a fantastic view of much of the town; and right down to the ria formosa.
I must thank Fatima, esp, on reception for the warm, helpful and friendly welcome. All the other staff were excellent, too, throughout our stay.
Breakfast is a must: healthy portions; and a huge selection, and.... lovely fresh soft rolls!
Turn right out of hotel, walk few mins to fantastic, indoor market selling all kinds of meats, fish, cheeses and produce. And take a light snack n drink outside: the place to the left of market did a lovely cold tapas-type fish based dishes!

Stayed: August 2015, traveled as a couple