Agree with previous reviews - clean, tidy, good location and value for money if your expectations are realistic. We were there for 2 nights.
3 issues however which spoiled our enjoyment of a rather charming hotel in its own way.
1. First morning no hot water. Staff we're charming and apologetic but that does not compensate for no shower or bath to start the day after you have been travelling. No compensation offered.
2. Very hard bed may suit some people but it killed my back so be warned.
3. No fresh orange juice or oranges for breakfast! In a city where dozens of orange trees laden with ripe fruit can be found on every street corner - surely this is unforgivable? The sugar and additive laden excuse for orange juice offered was undrinkable so we went across the road to a cafe for fresh juice.
However all the positives stressed by other reviewers are valid insomuch that staff are friendly and helpful in French and English. So I can recommend this to anyone on a budget for a short stay - but go with realistic expectations from a 3 star facility. No restaurant but plenty to choose from within a few minutes walk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just minutes from the heart of the city, Best Western Hotel Dom Bernardo is a three star, family run property. We provide you with a very high level of personalized service, our hotel is your home away from home. Our 43 guestrooms have LCD TVs with +30 cable channels, complimentary WiFi, minibars, direct dial telephones, individual air-conditioning units, radio clock, private bathrooms with hair dryers, ample closet space, two pillows per bed and in-room safes. Let us help you experience the best that Faro has to offer with our professionally trained, bilingual staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Best Western Hotel Dom Bernardo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Dom Bernardo
- Best Western Faro
- Faro Best Western
- Best Western Hotel Dom Bernardo Faro, Portugal - Algarve