Best Western Hotel Dom Bernardo
$135
Agoda.com
$115
$102
Hotel Ibis Faro(Faro)(Great Value!)
$80
ibis
$92
$86
  • Bar/Lounge
Casa d'Alagoa - Faro Hostel(Faro)(Great Value!)
$93
$83
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsold townboiled eggsroom was cleandogs barkingstork nestminute walkair confit for purposetrain stationgood sizemain towncontinental buffetwithin walking distancespoke good englishcleaned every daycity breakstayed here for nights
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel as a venue that anyone would be happy to stay in for whatever reason you find yourself in Portugal. Myself and my partner stayed for three nights although we'd only booked for two. When we turned up a day earlier than expected Lisa made every effort to make sure we had what we wanted and didn't have to swap rooms during our stay. The staff are excellent, really helpful and friendly. The rooms are clean and practically sound proof with really comfortable beds and brilliant air con. I had the best nights sleep I've ever had in a hotel whilst there. The breakfast was varied and served in an appealing way. We will definitely return again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa C, Manager at Best Western Hotel Dom Bernardo, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Thanks so much for your review! You guys were a delight to have with us and we really look forward to your return next year!! Have a wonderful year and we hope to see you in July. Lisa

Reviewed August 13, 2013

On arrival to the Dom Bernardo with my family we were checking in and suddenly realised we had left our buggy at Faro Airport. I then realised I would need to make a round trip to the Airport to collect from left luggage. We had just arrived after a stressful flight with 3 kids & most hotels would arrange a taxi, but at the Dom Bernardo they definately go the extra mile.

The owner immediately offered to take me to the airport at my convenience and then wait at the airport, at which time I could collect my buggy, and then I could ring him and he would bring me back. To me this was above & beyond what I expect from any hotel, which does not offer a shuttle as standard. I was driven and collected (along with the buggy) and returned to the hotel without a second thought. BRILLIANT SERVICE!

And so it was during our stay that we could not have asked for a better standard of service from ALL of the staff at the Hotel.

The rooms are clean and basic and have everything you need and are good value for money. It's not the Ritz Carlton but then at these prices I should not be expecting 'The Ritz'. Breakfast was efficient and tasty (continental in style).

Overall we were made to feel very welcome and our every need was catered for. what more can you ask....

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

We appreciate your kinds and were so happy to help when you arrived! There is nothing worse then forgetting something at the aiport, so to know that we made a difference during your trip is wonderful. Please come back and visit us again, happy travels!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

A lovely hotel, the staff were very helpful and cheerful. The room was bright and clean and the air-conditioning was brilliant! Very central in Faro but in a quiet part of town. We climbed up to the top floor to try and see into a stork's nest on the church opposite and discovered a large roof terrace that we had never heard or seen mentioned. It was clearly not used much so we had the place to ourselves for the day and watched the sunset over Faro with a bottle of port in the evening - stunning. Highly recommended hotel.

2  Thank Carol M

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again in the near future! Lisa

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We were recommended this hotel by the British consulate as we needed to be near the hospital.
We did not manage to get an internet cheaper price and paid £75 per room.The manager was very friendly and helpful and we were relieved to have a bed .The the rooms were clean and comfortable....however breakfast was dismal, although food clean and presented well it was low budget quality and the boiled eggs ran out at 9am,
The main reception stunk of stale smoke and the whole hotel needs a face lift...we would not recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 64Michellem64
Lisa C, Manager at Best Western Hotel Dom Bernardo, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. We have always received fantastic reviews when we accommodate guests that have an emergency at the hospital. We work hand in hand with the Embassy and the hospital to ensure that you have everything you need during your time of crisis. Regarding our reception, there is no way it could have smelled like smoke as it is a non-smoking hotel except for the fourth floor. Our rates are very competative and even during soldout dates give priority to emergencies. I can assure you that our service is far superior to the ordinary customer service you recieve at any hotel worldwide. My staff and I strive to exceed all expectations and invite you back in the future to evaluate us again. If I can be of any assistance please let me know.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We'd stayed at the hotel a couple of years ago and got a room at the back of the building. At the time, along with other reviewers I commented on the poor dog chained up in a neighbours yard and the constant barking it made. I know the hotel did all they could to remedy this, and this time we had a room at the front so I'm not sure if they succeeded. I thought it may be noisy but we were on the top floor and slept with the window open but it was OK, in spite of it being bike week in Faro.

The rooms are plain, functional and clean with everything you'd expect from a 3 star. The staff were friendly and helpful and we felt the price of the room was fair. Its centrally located and a 5 minute walk to the harbour. It has a small car park at the rear but at weekends its usually easy to find a space in surrounding streets for free.

We'll certainly use the hotel again if visiting Faro.

1  Thank LS13

Thank you for selecting our hotel for your recent stay and thank you for taking time to review us! We hope we can be of assistance in the future and wish you happy travels this summer!