Best Western Hotel Dom Bernardo
    • Bar/Lounge
    • Breakfast included
    Great 4.5/5
      • Breakfast included
      All reviewsold townboiled eggsroom was cleandogs barkingstork nestminute walkair confit for purposetrain stationgood sizemain towncontinental buffetwithin walking distancespoke good englishcleaned every daycity breakstayed here for nights
      FilterAll languages
      Reviewed July 24, 2013

We booked into this hotel when our son was admitted to Faro Hospital after a holiday accident. All the staff were really helpful especially Lisa who was so reassuring. The hotel is well situated for the town, marina and of course the hospital.
      We had to extend our stay and Lisa and her staff sorted it out for us.
      The room was clean and comfy and the reception area was nice to sit and have a beer. I have recommended this hotel already to someone in the same situation.
      Thanks Lisa and staff
      Gill, Mick and Mark Lawson

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
      2  Thank FlorryMarishes
      Reviewed July 14, 2013

What service. I arrived wanting to see my local English football team play a friendly against SC Farense, the Faro team. I had no idea where the match was due to take place. Within 10 minutes of me registering Lisa and Ana had found out where the game was, (actually in Vilamoura, a different town), the times of buses to and from the venue and where I should get off. Now that's what I call service. The hotel is easy to find from either the bus or railway station, a 10 minute walk at most. Pleasant rooms, air-con, comfortable beds and the feeling that whatever you wanted or needed, it would never be too much trouble. Next time I'm in Faro there's only one place I'll be resting my weary head. Thanks to you all for making my short stay and experience I won't forget.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
      2  Thank tony l
      Reviewed July 13, 2013

This is a fairly basic hotel in a slightly run down (although very safe) part of Faro only 10 minutes walk to the town centre, marina etc. Rooms are clean if slightly basic but with BRILLIANT air conditioning and the hotel is very good value. What added to to the enjoyment of our short stay was the very friendly and extremely helpful lady (American or Canadian?) at reception - Clarion Suites Lisbon please take note. Great for a short break on a budget.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
      1  Thank hamepages
      Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. The location is very convenient, just 10 mins walk from the town centre. The room was clean and spacious, equipped with A/C, flat-screen TV, safe and hair dryer. There is an elevator and the breakfast room is at the lower ground floor. The breakfast provided is basic, but adequate until lunchtime. There is ample on-street parking around the hotel, which is also free, as the hotel has limited parking spaces. I would definitely recommend this hotel, especially if you are just after a good place to sleep, after being out exploring the area the whole day.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
      1  Thank Nikos S
      Reviewed July 10, 2013

I was transferred to this hotel whilst my companion was in hospital. It was a very difficult and emotional time and I was rather anxious and scared about changing hotels to be perfectly honest. When I got to the hotel I couldn't have asked for a more friendly greeting, I instantly felt more relaxed and comfortable. Lisa and Frank (the owners) along with their Son & Daughter, not to forget the rest of the staff really went out of the way to make my stay with them as easy as possible, they recommended places to eat where English was understood, directed me towards relevant shops etc Lisa even went with me to the pharmacy to translate my requests. On top of all this whenever they were available Lisa or Frank would take me to the hospital to save money on taxis. I really feel that all of the staff went way beyond their job descriptions, and all though my stay with them was due to circumstances I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to see the real Faro and not the hustle and bustle of the tourist towns. The hotel is very bright and warm on entry, the rooms are very comfortable and spacious with all the items needed for a comfortable, restful night. I am hoping to go back to this hotel later this year but under better circumstances, Go see for yourself how loving and caring the staff are at this hotel, after all seeing is believing.

Room Tip: The rooms on the higher floors have better views, but all the rooms I saw were of similar standards, very clean, spacious and with similar facilities in all.
      • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
      1  Thank Annemarie T
      Lisa C, Manager at Best Western Hotel Dom Bernardo, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for your kind words! We enjoyed welcoming you back and hope to see you again soon. Lisa