“Nice short stay”
Review of Stay Hotel

Stay Hotel
Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Faro
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We come in hotel for only one night between flights. it was clean and nice room for small rate.
Breakfast was excellent, better than in some brand hotel. Hotel is in city centre, great location, reception woman was kind and helpful. The choice of accommodation in Faro is not so good, so this hotel was great deal for money.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FileST

Reviewed May 14, 2014

We stayed in the hotel for 3 nights. The room was fine (simple, but big enough and clean). A good choice of tasty food was offered at the breakfasts. The staff was helpful with all needed information about the city and transport. The location is very close to the old town. Restaurants and shops are just around the corner. The bus and train stations are 5 to 10 minutes walk and you can get anywhere from there. Very convenient base for exploring Algarve!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Viktoriya H
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I booked the hotel based on the good reviews. I do think the hotel was good value as I got quite a good deal, however I was disappointed with the wifi signal in my room. The T.V only had one station in English and that is the news. It was impossible to watch videos on my ipad because the wifi signal was non-existant in my room. After the first night of not being able to even access the internet I complained the following morning. They told me my problem must be temporary and that I should try again later if it still doesn't work. The wifi signal worked somewhat in the lobby but the connection was too weak to even properly do google searches as it took 45 seconds for each page to load. Think of dial up circa 1996!! I couldn't even properly look at trip advisor to see what there was to do in the region because the connection was weak. It was very frustrating. I continued to complain to staff, and despite being polite, ultimately they did nothing but apologize and tell me that nobody else has complained. They also told me I would not have this problem had I brought my laptop as they say that macs and tablets and phones have poor wifi receptors. I had 2 phones and an ipad that could not connect to the wifi service. We shouldn't have to lug around our heavy laptops on vacation.

The breakfast is a full breakfast and is well worth it. The room is standard and what you would expect, but the twin beds were hard. The a/c worked well and was nice to have.

If you like using your tablet, download all your videos beforehand as there is no way to do so there.

Room Tip: Bring your laptop to get a wifi signal. Get the included breakfast.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
1  Thank Alba B
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We stayed three nights here after a week in Carviero. It was a fantastic base, v close to the old town with its great reasturants etc.
Do get a superior room, it provides a huge terrace with views over Faro.
Breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice, freshly prepared and enjoyable.
It is also convient for the bus and train stations for trips to other towns etc.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I just arrived at home from a two night stay at Hotel Santa Maria and only have wonderful things to stay. The rooms were clean and worked perfect for our girls weekend. The hotel staff were super friendly and provided excellent customer service. They arranged a boat tour of the Algarve along with transportation to and from the boat. As well as restaurant recommendations and even re-printed a friends Ryanair ticket for us. The free breakfast consisted of cheeses, juices, assorted breads, fruits, yogurt, cereal, and many other breakfast items. Highly recommend!!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank English_Arnold
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The Santa Maria is a modern hotel with a fresh, clean interior & lift to all floors. Rooms have white walls & red flooring & are attractive & comfortable. The room safe was useful for safely storing passports & cash. The en suite was clean & had hair dryer & the usual toiletries. Its shower cubicle was a little small, but this would only be an issue if someone was very big. Staff were helpful & pleasant & the buffet breakfast was plentiful & varied. The location is great, being around the corner from the main pedestrian streets, a few minute walk from the old town & having the Theatre of Lethes at the top of the street. For comfort, cleanness & convenience at a relatively low cost this hotel is perfect.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 5Reddy
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Santa Maria based on two reasons, reviews on the internet and the price. We have found it a great location to stay in Faro, the staff have been very helpful, room and public areas immaculate, breakfast more than adequate. We have a 5.30 start one morning but the night porter produced coffee and rolls to see us on our way. Nothing seemed to be any trouble. We will book here next time we visit Faro.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple