We stayed here for one night in August 2013. We have stayed in some pretty basic hotels before on our travels, but this was the worst. I have never done a review before but I feel strongly about fore warning people about this hotel. We paid 70 euros for a double room for the night- wouldn't pay half of that. Staff at reception initially ignored us when we tried to check in. Bathroom was tiny, mouldy, outdated. Nice big balcony to be fair but no furniture to enable us to actually use it! Bed was the most uncomfortable nights sleep I've had in a long time- felt like I was sleeping over on a mates floor. Considering our friends stayed in hotel Eva down the road for 90 euros & it was amazing (clean modern rooms, roof terrace & pool), we felt cheated.
To redeem the place the breakfast was ok.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Afonso III is situated on the banks of the Ria Formosa, near the city center, this unit, under family management, it is allowed it ideal for those looking for both relaxation and activity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Residencial Afonso III reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residencial Afonso Iii Hotel Faro
- Residencial Afonso III Faro, Portugal - Algarve