“Good for one night”

Residencial Afonso III
Ranked #21 of 28 Hotels in Faro
Reviewed July 19, 2011

I went to see Faro bike rally and this as the only place that had a room to get one night sleep. The rooms are spacious, beds are comfy and clean. The location of this place is great and it's very safe place especially for solo travellers. I have to say you can hear some street noise (if you stay in one of the rooms from the street side) - but its not bad and i wasnt bothered by it. Staff was really nice and friendly! Very good price!

Room Tip: Not street side
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank PMAL

Reviewed May 3, 2011

Stayed here for a 4 day break in April, was a very good value, as on a budget and we were very happy with the hotel, the room, breakfast but when you read what the hotel has to offer they get it wrong, it does not have wi wi, or for sure does not serve fresh fruit juice for breakfast but for what we paid we had a very clean room, good breakfast and within walking distance of the rest of Faro

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel
3  Thank Inverness820
Reviewed October 28, 2010

I stayed here a few days with my boyfriend. Cheap hotel and very good location. Extremely close to bus and train station.
Nice and friendly staff. Clean and quite spacious room.
Some parts of the hotel needs renovation, but in complex it's good for its price.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank travel_agent37060
Reviewed April 27, 2009

Did not stay long in the hotel due to the traffic going past and shaking the windows. I have never seen an area with so much graffiti. People were pleasant in the hotel so no grumbles there. Faro itself is worth a day trip as not a lot to see or do. Weather was nice and the beer cold, otherwise I was clock watching to leave.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank tc_spurs
Reviewed January 21, 2009

I have booked this hotel via Book in Hotel. com. I'got a very good price for the 3 nights in a twin room with breakfast. I only payed 23 euro per room per night. For that price I had no high expectations and should be glad with a place like a hostel. But to my very surprice the hotel turns out to be an excellent hotel. I had the upper room which was a very spacious one with great bathroom, balcony and very good beds. Very, very clean and every day clean towels. The breakfast was nice enough and the staff was very friendly. The room normaly costs 35 euro but I had got a discount for staying 3 nights. A minor point is that the upper room is situated next to the elevator engine closet. So when guests are coming home late at night it could be a little bit noisy.
After my complain I could have had one other room but they had only rooms with double bed available and I needed twin beds. I preferd to stay in the same room. Next night I sleeped very well not even heard the noise of the engine of the elevator.
This hotel is a very good one. Close to the bus and rail station.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
5  Thank anisaW
Reviewed July 17, 2006

I felt moved to write having read the recent positive review of this hotel, which is quite definitely the worst place I have ever stayed in. The bedroom was very far from clean and full of very old-fashioned and uncomfortable furntiure; indeed, the decor generally was very tired and this certainly extended to the bathroom which badly needed refurbishment. The air-conditioning was noisy and antiquated though without it the room would have been even more unbearable. The flashing neon sign right outside our window combined with incessant street noise to make sleep impossible.

The man on reception was very surly although my wife spoke to him in Portuguese. When we went out we told him about a light bulb that needed replacing but this had not been done when we returned. He insisted on being shown the problem and when my wife turned the switch on the lamp there was a loud bang and she received an electric shock, though he seemed unconcerned. The breakfast was definitely the worst I have had in Portugal with undrinkable coffee and juice very far from fresh. Needless to say, we fled, and perhaps for the only time on holiday had checked out before 8 am.

For this (thankfully) one night we paid about £70 or 100 Euros for a double room with an extra camp bed for my 12 year old son. I hardly think this is 'fantastic value', unless the hotel has been totally transformed since our visit in August 2004.

• Stayed: August 2004
6  Thank RossLeeds
A TripAdvisor Member
Great Yarmouth, Norfolk. UK
Reviewed March 26, 2006

I have had the good fortune to stay at this hotel 3 times in the past 18 months and not once have I been disappointed. My last visit,in November 2005, was a spur of the moment booking. I arrived fairly late in the day and asked for a specific room. The one I had stayed in on two previous visits. Althugh the room was not available immediately they kindly said they would get it serviced and I could book in half an hour later.
As usual the room was spotlessly clean and well furnished with good storage space.
Help yourself continental breakfast was first class with a good variety of choices.
I will be staying there again after Easter this year and would thoroughly recommend the hotel. Prices are average at 40 Euros per night.

Stayed: November 2005