“The Man and the Restaurant”
Review of Tasca do Ricky

Tasca do Ricky
Ranked #7 of 351 Restaurants in Faro
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a traditional Algarve restaurant with homemade food made on the spot, which takes your preparation time, we do not have lunches or group dinners without prior appointment with the presence of the person live, we have many taste to serve well in a quiet space, everything for an experience in our traditional, to our tourists desire a good holiday and be welcome.
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Rick is the Man. and tasca do Ricky is the place to be. If you are looking for advice on life, Ricky has wisdom to offer. The food has been amazing every time I've been there, and the service too.

Reviewed February 3, 2012

Dont miss this place .Its well woth making the effort to find near to the Bus station. Food excellent authentic and very resonable with very good portion. Ricky the owner has excellent English and will guide you through the menu taking great pride in what food he has to offer. At lunch time also does a special menu terrific value at 6 Euro

2  Thank Thfc19
Reviewed December 30, 2011

We visited the restaurant at night for dinner. It took quite a bit of finding, down some cobbled streets with poor lighting! Even google maps found it hard!

We were warmly greeted. Bread , sardine pate and drinks promptly brought.

I chose a fish and bread speciality and my husband mixed grill. Both were huge portions! My fish broth was lovely (although a tad garlicky), Les's mixed grill cooked to perfection. Afterwards we were given a local liqueur - yummy.

I would recommend as food is good, atmosphere ok ( quiet when we were in and music naff!). Staff were friendly and appreciated my little Portuguese.

1  Thank kaznles
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Tucked away in a narrow old cobbled street near the Faro train station I found this unassuming restaurant. I ate twice there and experienced two authentic traditional Portuguese dishes. The food was great and very inexpensive. The only minus is the drinks menu, which is limited. Overall I think this is a place definitely worth trying if one finds him/herself in Faro and wants to experience some traditional Portuguese food.

1  Thank MGScotland2008
Reviewed November 17, 2011

On the recommendation of a friend, my family and I went to Tasca do Ricky in October. We regularly holiday in the Algarve and have eaten in Faro restaurants on many occasions and I would say that this place gets the highest marks of all the establishments we've been to so far. Three of us had an excellent fish stew and one person ordered veal which was very tender and served in generous portions. Ricky (Ricardo), the owner of the restaurant, is personable and welcoming and speaks excellent English. Definitely worth seeking out.

1  Thank canonaspirin