“Good food, excellent service”
Review of Tasca do Ricky

Tasca do Ricky
Ranked #4 of 325 Restaurants in Faro
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
“Good food, excellent service”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

We visited the restaurant at night for dinner. It took quite a bit of finding, down some cobbled streets with poor lighting! Even google maps found it hard!

We were warmly greeted. Bread , sardine pate and drinks promptly brought.

I chose a fish and bread speciality and my husband mixed grill. Both were huge portions! My fish broth was lovely (although a tad garlicky), Les's mixed grill cooked to perfection. Afterwards we were given a local liqueur - yummy.

I would recommend as food is good, atmosphere ok ( quiet when we were in and music naff!). Staff were friendly and appreciated my little Portuguese.

1 Thank kaznles

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Great food and inexpensive”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Tucked away in a narrow old cobbled street near the Faro train station I found this unassuming restaurant. I ate twice there and experienced two authentic traditional Portuguese dishes. The food was great and very inexpensive. The only minus is the drinks menu, which is limited. Overall I think this is a place definitely worth trying if one finds him/herself in Faro and wants to experience some traditional Portuguese food.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank MGScotland2008
England
“Exceptional food at low prices, lovely ambience, great service”
Reviewed November 17, 2011

On the recommendation of a friend, my family and I went to Tasca do Ricky in October. We regularly holiday in the Algarve and have eaten in Faro restaurants on many occasions and I would say that this place gets the highest marks of all the establishments we've been to so far. Three of us had an excellent fish stew and one person ordered veal which was very tender and served in generous portions. Ricky (Ricardo), the owner of the restaurant, is personable and welcoming and speaks excellent English. Definitely worth seeking out.

• Visited October 2011