“Great lunch”
Review of Faz Gostos Faro

Faz Gostos Faro
Reserve with
Faz Gostos Faro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 344 Restaurants in Faro
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The FazGostos Restaurant is located in the heart of Faro's Old Town, where it explores the concept of typical portuguese cooking with some french cuisine twists. The cozy ambience, complemented with a friendly staff and classic and contemporary decoration throughout the dining room, turns the place in an ideal location for a business lunch or a more intimate dinner. The cooking, inspired by local food, elaborates plates for all kinds of taste, which present familiar flavours complemented with a modern touch. The restaurant also offers the possibility of visiting its wonderful wine cave, which will definitely have something suitable to your taste.
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We were met by a smiling and helpful manager when arriving for lunch.
The staff speaks fluent french, english and spanish.
We both chose the 15e lunch menu.
We were gladly surprised to notice it included both wine and coffee.
The food was extremely tasteful and the amount of food was more than enough.

I would absolutely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My friend and I celebrated her birthday here before flying home last Monday, after spending a week's holiday in Faro. We were welcomed enthusiastically by a lady (the owner or manager?) and served with great courtesy by all. Superb ambience. The food was delicious - my steak with garlic being just like my mother (of Italian descent) cooked. I paid 13 Euros for the fixed menu which gave a choice of starter (I had home-made veg soup served with a lovely fresh warm roll), main course (my perfect steak with rice and chips), a pudding (lovely chocolate cake with fresh strawberries and mango coulis) plus a glass of wine and a jug of water. How can they do it? Then as a finale we were given a free glass of port on account of it being my friend's birthday and had an interesting chat with the waiter about Faro and football. Fantastic - it doesn't get better than this - what a lovely end to our holiday!

1  Thank 69joans
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place is inside the old town....bags of attmosphere....it was almost full when we arrived at around 9....very attentive staff, although on the night the service seemed a little slow....the relaxed start got even more relaxed , when a delightful young waitress announced that they were having problems in the kitchen....hence the delay in everyones food, she then went on to "enertain" us with a couple of songs.....what bravado....well done, when the food did arrive it was brilliant

2  Thank Rob L
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This restaurant is located in the tiny historical centre and it was recommended by a local friend as one of the best in Faro (which, truth to be told does not seem to offer much...)

The eating area has a traditional décor, a bit dated but cosy. The menu offers many traditional, fish-based dishes plus some meat dishes and one vegetarian dish. We shared a starter of a local smoked sausage (which was big enough for two, the usual very generous Portuguese portions). As a main course, I ordered grilled chicken, which was prepared even if it was not on the menu. My husband ordered a steak with pepper sauce. They both were served with nicely cooked roasted potatoes and additional vegetables for me.

We drank a local red wine, which was good. We tried also the dessert: a sponge orange cake with vanilla ice cream, which was OK but not outstanding and a “crema catalana” with olive oil ice cream, which was truly outstanding.

The final bill was very reasonable. The only negative point being the smokers (as everywhere else in Portugal, smokers infest every possible public area) I would recommend and go back.

1  Thank Dierregi
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Having spent three weeks working at the university in Faro, we ate out several times and found this restaurant to have the best quality food and presentation. The waiter was courteous and helpful, even though I am the world's fussiest eater, and my doggy bag was presented in the form of a silver foil origami swan. The lemon sorbet, which appeared for me out of nowhere, unasked for, while my partner ate one of his four courses was one of the nicest I have sampled anywhere and was most welcome after a few days of an upset stomach picked up elsewhere.
However, something that we were not prepared for was the fact that this restaurant has an area dedicated to smokers, and this area forms about 70% of the floor area. Even though we were seated well away from other diners, their smoking was very noticeable, and I would not return there because of this.

4  Thank fishscientist