“San Antonio”

Ranked #110 of 344 Restaurants in Faro
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This restaurant was recommended by our hotel and was wonderful. Service was lacking, but food was very good and very reasonable. It was worth the walk.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed in Faro for a few days last week and stumbled upon this place by accident.
The staff were superb and extremely attentive. The food at the higher end of the menu was unbelievable value and the high end is 12 euros for the main course . The steak cut was one of the best I have ever had . The missus had monk fish kebab with the biggest prawn I have ever seen but she still had steak envy. Wish it was more local is my only complaint. Oh and I left a tip, not like me at all....Superb.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

My boyfriend and I ate here on our last night for a romantic meal. We were led to the back of the restaurant to find a very pretty street dining area with trees, paintings and lanterns. We then were handed the menus full of delicious and cheap fish and meat dishes. We had yummy sangria..a whole liter for under 10 euros. We also had olives, bread, cheese, tuna paste (very fresh) all for 3 euro. We then ordered turkey fillets with mushroom sauce and salted codfish with chiskpeas. Both amazing! Whole meal was 12.5 euro each...!
The staff were also wonderful and spoke incredible English. Highly recommend!

1  Thank Global35
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have tried several restaurants in Faro in all my trips to the Algarve and believe me, you won't find better value for money there.
The staff is very attentive and may suggest you the freshest catch and juiciest specialties. And the best thing is that some of them will cost you no more than 6 or 7 Euros. I went "wild" and had a great Steak for less than 12€...that's what I call vale for money. Good selection of Portuguese wines and pleasant terrace on the back.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I don't think I have ever had a more enjoyable meal in my whole life than this one. I have eaten at some awesome restaurants but this really took the crown. Don't be shy visiting here as you will be beyond pleasantly surprised. It looks very traditional - outside tables, Portuguese families all sat around eating together under the trees. We went and sat down and there was a button to call the waiter - seriously a good touch, no waiting around for ages here! We ordered a bottle of Vinho Verde (lovely slightly sparkling young wine) for 8 euros and the waiter (who was really friendly) bought us some bread, olives, garlic carrots and some sort of pink spread which tasted a bit salmony - really nice). I ordered Peri-Peri chicken (this was 5 euros - can you believe it!?) and my husband got Iberian belly pork (I think this was 7 or 8 euros - still a bargain). The food didn't take long to come and it was AMAZING. If you have the peri-peri chicken here you will from here on in turn your nose up when someone says 'nandos'. It came piping hot and spicy with the optional chili sauce (go easy as is HOT) and there was pretty much a whole chopped up chicken on my plate - It came with HOMEMADE HOT CRISPS - my husband was in heaven. His dinner was also really lovely, crispy bits of pork - salty - just heavenly with a big green salad. Best meal ever for a really amazing price, try it and see that I'm telling the truth!!