“friedly family run restaurant”
Review of Sol e Jardim

Sol e Jardim
Ranked #86 of 327 Restaurants in Faro
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
SAO PAULO
“friedly family run restaurant”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

friendly home atmosphere. Good food. I recommend the grilled fish. One of the waiters, owner probably, also makes a delicious starter with local cheese heated! it's gorgeous. He's very friendly and provides whatever you need!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank MARIA C

• Polish first
Xi'an, China
“A good meal, spoiled slightly by wildlife!”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I was greeted by the typical portuguese 'mama' but she rather shocked me when she asked 'Are you looking for 2 girls?' I think she was just confused that I was dining alone and thought I was meeting someone inside, but i just told her 'no, one would be adequate'!
The waiters were very attentive and got me a lovely bottle of Gazela vinho verde, then i ordered the very reasonably priced mixed grill. This came with optional piri-piri, home-made and fiery.
The owners have decided to make the dining area a bit of a conservatory. This led to many little jumping flies near the food and at one point an enormous beetle scuttling across the floor.
I am not squeamish about such things but I'd imagine if I was with a member of the fairer sex they'd have gone loopy!

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank LiJames77
Greenbelt, Maryland, United States
“A very good dinner”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Only had the opportunity to eat here once, but both my friend and I had a very good dinner. I think the owner himself waited on us (this was the offseason) and was very helpful.

• Visited March 2012
3 Thank kevinwparker
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Snr. Cavaco's secret recipe...”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I was not surprised to see this restaurant has already been mentioned so favourably!!

In my opinion it was 'simply the best' Faro has to offer a visitor from abroad.

Good service, tropical garden atmosphere, very reasonably priced and good Portuguese food (and music!) to suite any palate.

A cool oasis on a hot day, perfect for a leisurely lunch - which prompted a return visit for dinner the following day to sample Snr. Cavaco's own Peri-Peri sauce recipe (sprinkled with caution on our excellent Peri-Peri Chicken Sol E Jardim).

What made the difference for us was the people - warm, friendly and genuine and we got exactly what we asked for. Far exceeded other 'recommended' restaurants we also visited.

Dinner at Sol E Jardim just made the best evening we spent in Faro this visit. I have included photos showing you the restaurant from the outside (as there are so many on that street it can be confusing) and a peek inside.

• Visited May 2012
3 Thank Carol L
united kingdom
“Good food”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Went to this restaurant in March while on a short break in Faro, Really helpful,friendly staff, great food at a good price.

• Visited March 2012