“AVOID!!”

Ranked #25 of 29 Specialty Lodging in Faro
New York City, New York
“AVOID!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2010

I was going to go away from the hotel the minute I got to the neighbourhood even though I prepaid four nights. The first room I got was full of constant noise of people coming in and out and the light from the hall and the street.
Breakfast is same hard old bread every day and some mix of Orangino drink from powder. (Could do better for 40euro/night)
There is no key to the front door so you are at the mercy of a receptionist being available to grant you access to the building in the fist place.
Extremely run down part of the town so they should not price it so high even if georaphically it is in the center of Faro.
Final verdict - overpriced for what it offers.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Nottingham, UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2010

I was attracted to this hotel becasue of its city centre location. I book a room with private bath but at check in time was relocated to a 3-bedroom flat where 12 people were sharing one bathroom. The flat was 30 minutes away from city centre.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Faro hotels

Roma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2010

NEVER book in your life in this place, it is very better to sleep in station or airport at least. the minimum hygienic sanitary rules are not respected, in this dreadful place, you can only soffer.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Vicenza
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2010

I've payed for a double room with private bathroom and i didn't get it. The owner's tryed also to ask the details of my credit card with a stupid excuse.
There are many others hostels in Faro.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vesciua
nederland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2010

They are thieves. I booked over the phone, was stupid enough to give my credit card details because they insisted that that was the only way. When we got there, there was no room available. We didn/t stay there at at all. They didnt even have my name. The manager wasnt there. I had to go to another hotel. One month later they took € 627 from my account.
Els

Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2010

We booked 'Faro Lounge' 2 days before we arived for a single night based on excellent rating from trip advisor cheap price (£17 pp) and good location.

When we arrived we meet nice friendly staff but were given a mumbled excuse about issues with website available. They offered that we stay in their other hostel around the corner. While I was a little suspect about the change I was tired and decided the look of 'Faro Lounge' was excellent so didnt protest. The change was for the room and breakfast was still to be at 'Faro Lounge'. We paid and were personally escorted around the corner to the 'Low cost Inn' and given a map to get back which I thought was great customer service.

So far so good...

We were handed over to the reception staff at the 'Low cost Inn' with more mumbles about internet bookings.

The feel of Low cost Inn was cheap and nasty shop refurb. There were 2 shared bathroom/shows which were missing soap and toliet paper. The room smelt of BO and had sheets that I was not 100% confident were washed however at this point I was too tired to care so we choose to stay.

The poor wall constuction made sound in the hall and next door average not helped by the drunkards that turned up very loud at 4 am.

Staff were helpful and gave us a great recommendation of were to get a cheap meal from a student bar called toasties. He did let himself down by make some weird rapper style raciest slur which may have been translation!?!

In the morning I was pretty annoyed - fired up to get my money back and feeling very ripped off. We went for breakfast and it was really good which carmed the nerve.

I have choosen to review rather than waste my time dealing with a refund.

My advise if you book 'Faro Lounge' make sure you are not bumped to 'Low cost Inn' dont take it unless you really need a room.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Madrid
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2010

Take my experience as an advice not to choose this hostel.

I had booked an individual room for 35 euros (they raised the price because it was easter). When I arrived there they had given my room to someone else. After giving some confusing excuses they offered me to sleep in a dorm with 7 more people for "just" 25 euros. I refused and said I wanted the individual room I had booked. Then, they said they would send me "to another place near here" and asked me to pay in advance. I accepted because it was late, and did not want more complications.

They sent me to another place in which it was clearly stated "Single room: 25 euros".
This meant that In "Low Cost Inn Faro" they were earning the 35 euros from the person who was staying in my room + 10 euros they were stealing from me. Let us analyze this:

1.- It was quite dishonest to practice overbooking in this case, because I made the booking with "www.hostelworld.com" and it is clearly stated that in case of "no-show" they can charge you the costs of 1 night anyway. So, the hostel would not loose money anyway.

2.- If, even though, you practice overbooking, and the person who made the 1st booking finally comes, ok, bad luck, be honest and try to send him to a good place. But don't keep on cheating again someone who you have just cheated by sending him to a cheaper place for the same price, and steal the difference!!!

I don't know how the rooms are in "Low Cost Inn", if they are clean, secure or whatever. All I know is that the owners of this place are trying to steal money from customers and from the surrounding hostels/hotels by making overbooking in Internet and then redirecting people to these other places.

This is not legal nor honest, and I hope that the same tool (Internet) that is being so helpful for these people to make easy and dishonest money will help future customers to avoid these kind of indecent places, and don't let these dishonest businesses prosper.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo