We spent three nights in room 6 in mid December. On our first night we drove several hours from Spain. What a pleasant surprise when the owner called on our mobile phone to confirm our arrival time. This is low season so the guest house isn't very full. J. met us and got us all settled. The room was large and nice, but the view from the balcony was something out of a movie. Upstairs three rooms share a very nice and complete kitchen. Our bathroom was quite small with the shower wedged into a corner. A very large person may not be able to make that work. Also there was a motion controlled light in the entryway of our room which was handy when coming back to the room in the dark, but not so much when someone wants to go to the bathroom in the night and a bright light shines automatically onto the bed through the glass door. There was probably a way to turn it off, I couldn't find it.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. If you crave a lot of activity winter may not be the time to go, if you want peace and quiet it is perfect. The price was 40 euros per night plus tax. I believe we will be back for future visits.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The "O Castelo" Guest House is an historic property, with an ideal location, close to the center of Carvoeiro town and Carvoeiro beach. It offers 12 en-suite bedrooms, the majority with terraces or balconies with breathtaking sea views. Although an ancient building, "O Castelo" Guest House includes modern amenities such as Free WiFi, air conditioning, cable TV and hairdryer. This Guest House is located in a quiet area, but Carvoeiro's restaurants, bars and shops are within walking distance. Moreover, if you are in the mood to discover the Algarve's pleasures, you will find it easy to get to the nearest Golf Courses, to the beautiful Marinha Beach or to the awarded Benagil Cove. For our Guests convenience, buffet breakfast is not included in the room rate; we keep it optional, so our guests can decide if they want to prepare their own breakfast, or just ask, and we will prepare a great breakfast for you. "O Castelo" Guest House is the perfect place to relax and enjoy magnificent Atlantic Ocean views, at the same time as feeling at home, away from home ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your O Castelo Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pensao o Castelo Hotel Carvoeiro
- O Castelo Guest House Carvoeiro, Portugal - Algarve