I chosen O Castelo after seeing it's website and other travelers opinions posted online and I was not disapointed. What I received there was absolutely what I saw on pictures and read in the internet. Whole pension is very cosy and very nice decorated and furnished with old Portugese handcraft and antics. The big table in the common area and the kitchen next to it make us felt as in a private house rather than in a pension. We had room nbr. 3 first and later once we extended our stay we received room nbr. 2. both were facing street. Rooms and bathrooms were very clean, sheets and towels were clean and fresh, room was cleaned every day and we were reciving fresh towels daily. There are two kitchens for common use on basement and first floor well equiped with kitchen utensils, owen, microwave and even washing machine. Every room has his own shelf in the kitchen where food can be stored. Fridge is large enough for everybody to have place for food and wine. The common terrase that we were allowed to use was facing ocean with breathtaking view. There were few tables, chairs and unbrellas to use. In the morning it was just perfect for breakfast, in the afternoon we were drying our towels there and in the evening this terrace was simply divine to have a glass of green wine on it. Staff was on place every day from about 10 a.m. Nice lady was cleaning all pension every day, She even washed our private beach towells in the middle of the stay :) nice gesture :) Owner (speaking spanish, french and english) was there till late afternoon always smiling, nice, friendly and ready to help, to propose restaurant or to advise good way to get to interesting places arround. Location is perfect with two steps from local restaurants, shops, and bars but far enough from town's noises. We had our own keys so, there was no problem with getting back in the middle of the night. Now few minuses - in the room nbr.2: bathroom is very small, and shower curtain is dark so you see not much during your shower. There is no bars in the window so the shutters must be closed all the time (if you want to have windows open), cause it's easy to get to the room from the outside. Street facing rooms are very noisy in the morning, so I strongly recomend having ocean facing ones. But late at night even in the street facing rooms we were sleeping by the sound of ocean waves. WiFi is not working somethimes. We had to pay for all the stay at cheking in. And that's all the minuses I found. We had splendid vacation in O Castelo. I can recommend this place to everybody. I'm looking very forward to coming back there. Excellent!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The "O Castelo" Guest House is an historic property, with an ideal location, close to the center of Carvoeiro town and Carvoeiro beach. It offers 12 en-suite bedrooms, the majority with terraces or balconies with breathtaking sea views. Although an ancient building, "O Castelo" Guest House includes modern amenities such as Free WiFi, air conditioning, cable TV and hairdryer. This Guest House is located in a quiet area, but Carvoeiro's restaurants, bars and shops are within walking distance. Moreover, if you are in the mood to discover the Algarve's pleasures, you will find it easy to get to the nearest Golf Courses, to the beautiful Marinha Beach or to the awarded Benagil Cove. For our Guests convenience, buffet breakfast is not included in the room rate; we keep it optional, so our guests can decide if they want to prepare their own breakfast, or just ask, and we will prepare a great breakfast for you. "O Castelo" Guest House is the perfect place to relax and enjoy magnificent Atlantic Ocean views, at the same time as feeling at home, away from home ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your O Castelo Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pensao o Castelo Hotel Carvoeiro
- O Castelo Guest House Carvoeiro, Portugal - Algarve