“Best food in Carviero”

Restaurante Hexagone
Reserve with
Restaurante Hexagone is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 148 Restaurants in Carvoeiro
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Imagem Following two very succesful decades at Buzio Restaruant, Prainha , Alvor. Chef Gilberto Gato went in search of a new home for his culinary skills. He believes he has found the perfect spot at Hexagone Restaurant. Near to the resort of Carvoeiro and the picturesque fishing village of Ferragudo, Hexagone is a bright, open, spacious restaurant that serves as the perfect background for the modern mediterranean cuisine that features on Hexagone's menu. In keeping with Chef Gilberto's philosophy of using quality fresh ingredients to produce healthy, tasty food, the dishes served at Hexagone allow the elements on the plate to be the star of the show, the true flavours shining through. Hexagone lunch menu features some fabulous salads - colourful, healthy and delicious and packed with locally sourced fresh ingredients. At dinner, choose from the à la carte menu or the Chef's Recommendation - a daily changing Hexagone creation. Our wine list is extensive, featuring excellent Algarve and Portuguese wines.
Great Missenden, United Kingdom
“Best food in Carviero”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Stylish restaurant serving creative dishes. Service and presentation were excellent, with good value wine list. We visited twice during our week in the area. Towards the end of the service Gilberto (owner and head chef) visits all the tables to make sure everyone enjoyed their food. On the fist occasion I asked if he was the "head chef" to which he replied " I am just one of the team". He IS the head chef with a very modest attitude.

Would I recommend it . . . absolutely

• Visited June 2014
Gilberto G, Proprietário at Restaurante Hexagone, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Many thanks for your review. I'm very glad to know that you've enjoyed the meal, the service and the ambience of our Restaurant.
Hope to see you again

Best regards,

Dundee, United Kingdom
“Amazing evening at The Hexagone”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Staying at Gramacho we were looking for a change from the restaurants in Carvoeiro and happened upon this wonderful restaurant as we headed towards Ferragudo. Our whole experience can be recommended, but the food was outstanding. On first viewing the menu I wasn't sure our teenage boys would find something to suit their tastes as they are too old for the children's menu but their tastes are not quite in step with the a la carte menu. However they both tried things they wouldn't normally have had ( king prawns for one and grouper curry for the other) and ate every last morsel! My husband and I struggled to choose as so many things looked tempting, but settled on the duck( for me) and pork for my husband. Both of us agreed that the combinations of flavours and textures in each dish have been well thought out and everything worked so well together. I was so disappointed when I realised I was on my last mouthful of this delicious food. I wanted to savour every bite. I am not a tremendous' foodie' but I know what I like and I liked this very much! Everything was superb - staff were welcoming, courteous, and attentive but not intrusive. We loved it all!

• Visited July 2014
I´m very glad to know that all our effort and dedication to serve the best quality we can pleased all your familly.
Many thanks for sharing you experience.

Hoping to see you again.

Best regards,

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Lovely food and service”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We have eaten here many times and the food is always consistent and good quality. Gilberto and his staff do their very best to give you a special experience. Lunch is a more casual affair with good salads, burgers etc., then the evening provides a fine dining experience. Everyone we take there loves it!

• Visited June 2014
Thank you very much for sharing your opinion about our Restaurant.
We will keep doing our best to pelase all our costumers.
Hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,

“Good place to eat”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I was there for a dinner with a friend. We have ordered the big prawns, they were delicious.
and this is what I liked best.
Service and atmosphere were nice.
No reasons to complain.

• Visited June 2014
Gilberto G, Owner at Restaurante Hexagone, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Many thanks for your review. It's very important for us to know what people think about our Restaurant. I realize that we haven´t completely filled your expectations, we'll try harder next time.

Hope to see you again

Hertford
“Totally outstanding”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We've been regulars in the Algarve for more than 30 years, and if I was asked to rank all the restaurant meals we'd had in that time this would be very near the top. Yes, it was that good. Outstanding in all respects. My main course (entrecote) was a wonderful concoction of flavours and textures. Stylish presentation did not mean stingy portions. Service was impeccable and at €66 for two (cover, main course and dessert plus cocktails and mineral water) it was excellent value. I hope the standard remains high, because we shall definitely be back!

1 Thank Graham F
Apreciate that you're sharing your opinion about our Restaurant. Our main object is to please all our costumers and we are very happy when we have succeded. We promise to do everything we can and try to not let people expectations down.

Many thanks

Looking forward to your return.