“Excellent Indian Restaurant”

Ranked #36 of 150 Restaurants in Carvoeiro
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I absolutely love this place - I've had dozens of meals in here over the years and I've never left disappointed or hungry.

Its a British style curry house, so if you're coming from UK then all the usual suspects are present on the menu, and they'll be done how you expect them.

Everything is prepared fresh, friendly staff and they remember how you like things prepared which I love in an indian restaurant - no risk of getting things too spicy or too mild!

Not much more I can say about this place really - if you like a good Indian meal, you will definitely do well to visit here.

1  Thank 365Lee
There are newer reviews for O Indiano

Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Noticed this whilst walking past and was put in the mood for a curry on Friday night, we got there just before 7pm and got the last table for 4 as the place was booked out! Takeaways were a plenty too. Waiters were friendly and choice of cobra too. Papadoms came with spicy onions, raita and kids favourite mango chutney. Madras was hot but tasty and portions were generous. We all enjoyed so much we went back on our last night too. It was good then too and tummy was fine in the morning!

1  Thank Branski1874
Reviewed October 7, 2013

If you are in the Carvoeiro area, I'd highly recommend a visit to O Indiano for an Indian meal that will take some beating anywhere!

In summary, the staff are very friendly, the food is just gorgeous, the portion sizes very generous, the naan breads are wonderful and the prices amazingly low :-O What a combination! Go now, take my car, bike, aeroplane, boat, whatever; just go.

We stayed for a week at Rocha Brava outside Carvoeiro and fancied an Indian meal one night, and, as always, consulted Trip Advisor where we found good reports of O Indiano. A quick call reserved our table and later that evening we found the restaurant without problem, with plenty of on-street parking round about too. OK, it doesn't look much from the outside, but looks aren't why you're there; get something chosen off the menu and enjoy :-)

The first night we went, we had Poppadoms and an array of pickles that was delicious, with two types of onion salad, mango chutney, lime pickle, raitha and another sauce, all wonderfully fresh and tasty. Then each of us chose a different dish, with some rices and naan breads and a bottle of the House Red Wine and we were amazed at how good every single thing was; tasty fresh meats, clean and fresh flavours, very little ghee (which often seems to be used to excess elsewhere) and those naan breads deserve a mention of their own! How they make them so light and soft on one side, but with a lovely light crispness on the other, with the delicious tastes of your chosen flavouring bursting through, is beyond me, and beyond any other Indian restaurant that I've been to bar one other in all my experience. There was also loads of everything and a lot more than we could eat!

After agreeing that we'd just had one of the best Indian meals that we'd ever had, we asked for the bill and were stunned to find that it came less than sixty Euros for the brilliant meal for four we'd just partaken of :-O After checking, just to make sure that we'd been charged for everything we'd had (convinced that we hadn't), we added a generous tip and left with that wonderful warm glow that a good Indian meal ought to leave.

The next two nights we ate elsewhere in the area and paid three times as much, but although one meal was really excellent, for value for money the O Indiano had both posh places beat.

We ate at the O Indiano again on our last night and went for different dishes again. Were we disappointed? No, we were not! Everything was just as good, if not better, but this time I took some of the remains home to eat the following morning whilst watching the Grand Prix - I wasn't going to let such excellent Indian food go to waste. Anyway, what's wrong with curry for breakfast?

O Indiano! Oh, just lovely!

3  Thank k1200ltgeorge
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We visited this restaurant last night. The dining area was quite small, the staff were welcoming and the menu contained all the favourites in uk and a few special dishes. The food was excellent! Lamb jalfrezi was flavoursome and tender and my chicken bhuna the same. We asked for extras not on menu and they were happy to oblige. Would highly recommend.

3  Thank LJMA08
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We have just returned from our evening here, after looking forward to a good Indian meal. It was all ok until our meal arrived, we ordered chicken tikka masala, which tasted just of nuts and nothing else (with a few almonds sprinkled on top), the onion bhaji was tasteless and looked as if from a freezer and cooked in the oven and the sagaloo was also disappointing. The service was slow, and we were not even asked how our meal was. Overall, this is nothing like Indians back home (my usual favourite food.)