A truly lovely - if a little rough around the edges - home from home. The Rocha Brava resort seems to be a mixture of privately owned/let and holiday accommodation all rolled together. One lovely big communal pool (really nice) with at least one other smaller pool.
The apartments - we had a two bedroom apartment on the ground floor. Kitchen was the most equipped I've ever stayed in abroad - washing machine, microwave, more utensils than you know what to do with - even a coffee machine. It's all quite old / but spotlessly clean!
The living rooms must have recently had a make over - the sofa was freshly covered with trendy cushions. Likewise the curtains looked brand new. There's even an open fireplace - although don't imagine there's many months of the year you'd need that. The cherry on the cake is the flat screen tv mounted on the wall. A nice touch is that there are a few British channels like E4 - great if you can't cope without your Hollyoaks omnibus fix.
Bedrooms are tired looking but nothing wrong with them - spotlessly clean with nice good quality wooden furniture - again all tired but clean as a whistle. The bedroom windows both have shutters on the outside - so you can really block out the daylight (especially great if like us, you travelled with kids that normally wake up the moment the sun rises!).
The staff at reception were helpful and pleasant.
One hint - avoid using the on site shop. It's nice enough and sure if it's an emergency, great - but expect to pay 30-50% more than you will at shops down near the square.
I believe there's a bus service that runs 3 x daily to the centre - but it run at 1000, 1400, 1700 - and those times didn't really suit us. It's only say 5€ in a taxi - so just get reception to call you one.
I do recommend you head down to the square - just to walk around during the day, on an evening - it's what Carvoeiro is all about.
You'll have a lovely relaxing feel good time at these apartments. No complaints at all!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, and only 3 km from the enchanting old fishing village which is Praia do Carvoeiro, we invite you to come and experience the beauty and tranquillity of the 4 Star ‘Rocha Brava Village Resort’. From apartments to townhouses, to individual villas with their own gardens and swimming pools. Come and discover what the heart of the Algarve has to offer, including the numerous silver beaches that are close to us here at the Rocha Brava Village Resort, as well as some of the best golf courses in the Algarve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rocha Brava Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocha Brava Apartments Hotel Carvoeiro
- Rocha Brava Portugal
- Rocha Brava Village Resort Carvoeiro, Portugal - Algarve