I picked this resort based on reviews on this 'site for some late summer sun last year. While it was quiet (which was what I wanted) and not that hot (sunny/overcast low 20s/high teens) the charm of the place really appealed to me.
Due to the location I'd decided to hire a car, something which I don't usually do, but in this instance I'd have to say it's the best solution. The resort was fairly easy to find, the large entrance and the fact that's it's on the only road heading east from the town help a lot. The first floor single bedroom apartment was pleasantly roomy and located near the entrance with the terrace overlooking the restaurant and the lighthouse. The latter became more of an issue on the first night when I was unable to close the window shutter and keep the somewhat annoying light from intruding on my attempts to sleep. That was easily fixed by a trip to reception the next morning and a visit from a maintenance man who showed me how to operate the catch that stops the shutters banging when it's windy. He came back later in the week to reset a circuit breaker that had tripped out robbing us of lights for a while.
While I hadn't booked breakfast we did eat there every morning, the good choice, pleasant seating overlooking the pool and the opportunity to feed the friendly sparrows all helping to make the choice for us. We didn't eat there in the evening as it's quite pricey, but we did have a couple of meals in the bar which could best be described as cheap and cheerful. The bar itself was the busiest area in the evenings, with karaoke on a couple of nights. Having said that there weren't many people staying there when I visited and noise was never a problem.
The resort itself is quite large with a large variety of different kinds of accommodation available. While I only used the main pool, which was never very busy, there are two others there. I also used the courtesy bus a couple of times when I was planning on spending a day in town.
So overall I was very pleased with my time at Rocha Brava and would certainly stay there again if I wanted to go to the Algarve late Summer/early Autumn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, and only 3 km from the enchanting old fishing village which is Praia do Carvoeiro, we invite you to come and experience the beauty and tranquillity of the 4 Star ‘Rocha Brava Village Resort’. From apartments to townhouses, to individual villas with their own gardens and swimming pools. Come and discover what the heart of the Algarve has to offer, including the numerous silver beaches that are close to us here at the Rocha Brava Village Resort, as well as some of the best golf courses in the Algarve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rocha Brava Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocha Brava Apartments Hotel Carvoeiro
- Rocha Brava Portugal
- Rocha Brava Village Resort Carvoeiro, Portugal - Algarve