“Read Reviews!!!!!”

Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Carvoeiro
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Read Reviews!!!!!”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I previously left an excellent review in June this year, having stayed at Quinta in May and on other occassions. I left a few tips about accomodation, which areas are closer and further from the main facilities and Carvoeiro being a pleasant 20 minute walk downhill, with a reminder to get a Taxi back (which are fairly cheap), as it is uphill on the way back!
I have read other reviews which a negative, do these people have nothing constructive to say only to moan and do we want to listen to such rubbish, especially since they booked a cheap holiday. Also, what do you expect when you travel out of season, it is rather obvious to the majority, that it will be quieter as it costs more to go in season!
Before you go anywhere new on holiday, it is so easy to do a little research beforehand, with many websites offering loads of information. Quinta have maps on their website which you can print off. If you go to their site, at the top of the page click on contact, then you have an option to print maps of the Algarve, Carvoeiro and Quinta. If I can manage this anyone can.
I also travelled to the Maldives and Egypt this year, having never visited before, I did as much research as possible before I went.
I find it sad that some travellers have nothing constructive to say and expect an amazing experience to cost very little.
Quinta do Paraiso is a great place, there is lots to do on the Algarve and the staff and locals are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
12 Thank Denise7777

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We spent 7 nights here at the end of September and had a good holiday, especially when you consider the price. It was, however, clear that we were out of season. All the "activities" seemed to have stopped and most places, like the pool bar and restaurant were very quiet. (often empty except for us!)
You need to be fit. Everywhere is a long walk away, and though there is a bus into Carvoeira 3 times a day, you still end up doing a lot of walking. The accommodation was roomy and clean, but no TV and poor outside seating area - OK but not exceptional
The staff were friendly, (especially the bus driver), but not overly helpful - OK but not exceptional
A good holiday, helped by good weather, but not good enough for us to be rushing back.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room (as opposed to ground floor), preferably overlooking the pool (it isn'...
1 Thank DuncSnap
isle of wight
Reviewed September 15, 2012

People with mobility problems should think twice about this resort. We had a really nice time, it was only a short budget break of 4 nights. We where in block D which was just a short walk to the reception and pools. Many thanks to Conni in reception for her communication with regards to location of our apartment. Everying was spotlessly clean in the apartment NO complaints there. The shuttle bus was handy to get to the town, which was very inviting in the evening. Yes food a bit plain and bland, and a little expensive too. Would I return, proberbly yes, only if the price was right? My only complaint was our beds where very hard.

Room Tip: Ask for an apartment near to reception
3 Thank tarafudge
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 12, 2012

My boyfriend and I have arrived back today following a relaxing and very happy 7 nights here. We arrived around 1.30pm and as check in is at 3pm we were offered to leave our bags in a secure room which gave us time to explore the area. The immediate area is very quiet although the town and beach is a 15 minute walk away. As the walk back is uphill this might be unsuitable for anybody with mobility problems. As previously mentioned in other reviews there is a free shuttle that runs 3 times a day, although not during the evening.

On checking in we were upgraded to a 2 bed villa which was a lovely(if big!) for two people. Yes the decor is dated and maybe a little tired, but everything was spotlessly clean and had everything you would need for a comfortable stay(aside from air-con!). I think our villa was probably located in the best spot; very close to the pool but hidden by trees so very private and our terrace was a sun trap. I can't comment on any othe villa for c12 was very nice!

There are 3 pools(1 kiddie) which are clean, warm and well maintained. There are plenty of sun loungers and most days we were one of only around 20 people sat around the pool area, which was lovely but I'm sure perhaps not the case during the peak season. A few times a day activities such as water polo were held which must be a bonus if you have children/teenagers. Also dotted around the complex were tennis courts, crazy golf, table tennis although I'm not sure if you had to pay extra to use these.

The on-site bar which served food aswell is small but all you need for a bite to eat and a beer at lunchtime. Although we didnt stay around in the evening, I think they also hosted entertainment. There is a on-site restaurant but we didnt try this as we preferred to eat out in the town. The on-site supermarket was handy, not too expensive and quite well stocked.

Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here; yes if you really want you will find things to pick at and see as a negative, however in our view a bit of dodgy 70's decor never killed anyone and the hospitality and surroundings more than made up for that.

3 Thank katie1680
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We have only just returned from Portugal staying at this hotel in a 2 bed bungalow (self catering) I travelled with my hubby, mother inlaw, son and infant daughter. The location of this resort is very pretty and the apartments and bungalows are not too close to one another. The general cleanliness of the rooms, pool area, resort restaurants are very high. I can say that the pool bar, drinks and snacks are very expensive, for example a bowl of fries is €3.50 a basic salad bowl €5.00, a bottle of still water was €2.80, which to us was a massive let down, way too over priced. The first night we ate at the hotels restaurant - cant remember the name but located outside/opposite the hotel reception, the food was very very expensive and tasteless, my son had spaghetti from the kids menu which tasted like it was mixed with tomatoe ketup for €7.50, really bad!! Pizzas and pasta very average tasting and again expensive, we ate there once only and never dared to return. We didn't have breakfast at the hotel as it didnt look to great, cheese and hams, very basic for €8.00 per person. The shop on the resort was lovely, expensive but you can buy everything you need from bread to eggs etc, the owners are really nice. The first bungalow we were given which was located close to reception and close to the pool area etc was infested with ants so we were moved to another a little further just pasted the resort shop, it was def an improvement and we didn't have the same issue again, the bungalow was nice, big rooms & comfortable beds. Enough utensils to cater for breakfast and dinners if required. The 3 hotel pools were really nice, 2 kiddie pools and one adult, there are lots of sunbathing loungers, lots were faulty and broken but you could lie on them. The staff were always friendly & polite, the hotel itself was very kid and family friendly. You are also able to walk to the main town which took around 15 mins, the beech located near the town and where the hotel courtsey shuttle takes you is stunning. To eat out in the town was very expensive, average meal price for 3 adults and 1 kid was €65.00, we ate in some really lovely indian resturants. We ended up hiring a car and travelled to the old Portuguese towns and had breakfast/lunch/dinner there which was much cheaper, a beer there would cost €0.90 cent where as a beer at the hotel and town cost €3.00, big difference. I think overall the hotel was nice but they really need to review there pricing and food menu, I think its going to put lots of people off. I would def return to Portugal one day but would not stay here again, we had a lovely holiday and enjoyed where we stayed, just there was lots of let downs. I think we are going to stick to our usual hols, Turkey, Egypt etc, you get sooo much more for you money!! I can say the Portugal is a stunning country, beaches are stunning and the country itself is very pretty. Hope this helps :)

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank Spppp
Groningen, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We have spent our holidays here this summer for the 7th time since 2000. Every time we get here, we get this feeling of homecoming. The beautiful green and spacious setup of this quinta is stunning. All the staff is very friendly and helpful when needed. One can easily switch from the lively central facilities )eg. reception, pools, bar, restaurant' to the tranquillity of ones own house.

The animation team has been decreased to 3 people and a number of things the team used to do have been cancelled, e.g. Carvoeiro by night in which teenagers got the chance to go out in Carvoeiro, guided by the animation team. Probably due to financials that the animation has been cut.

My strongest criticism regards the `italian` restaurant `Trattoria Oliveira`. This has been for us and many others an anchor. always nice pizza´s and pasta´s as well as local dishes. Maybe a bit expensive, but decent home cooking and exactly what we needen after a ful day traveling with the children.

The restaurant is now run by a new owner/ renter and it now serves only avarage through disgusting (so called) food. For example, as a starter I ordered the ceasar salad. Altough I avoided the majority of the approximately half a pound salted anchovy, I stayed thursty all night. My pasta al forno lacked every taste, and was drowning in water!!! An insult for every Italian or any other that knows what decent cooking means. Probably someone that wants to make money as soon as possible.

So for the resort as such I would absolutely recommend it, but since it allows an restaurant as described, I have no alternative but to decrease my rating.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Marc H
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Returned from a 10 night holiday with my girlfriend on 03/08/12.

On arrival, we checked in hassle-free at reception where we rented a fan (no air-con in our room) for 10 Euros for the duration of our stay. We were taken by the site minibus up to our room and shown to the door - helpful as weren't particularly near to reception.

The 'studio apartment' was clean and tidy on a arrival and was much bigger than expected. Fridge, hob, sink, small dining table and loads of plates/cutlery etc. I mentioned there was no air-con and as someone that hates a hot room on holiday, I can say that a fan was needed to keep the room cool at night, but it was more than sufficient. Cleaners came 5 times per week, left the room spotless and even id our washing up each day. I can't say if they were friendly as we didn't see them - they did a really good job though. Our room was a downhill walk to reception and the mini market which I guess could be an issue for some but it didn't bother us. I'd suggest you check where exactly your room is on the site if you aren't able to walk well and need easy access to reception / shop.

Our nearest pool was only yards away and was a good size, clean and had a kids pool by the side. Loads of sun loungers, parasols and shade. The pool bar was open between 1-5 and did very basic food, drink and ice creams - bit expensive for what you got but nothing that I wouldn't expect. By reception was another bigger pool area with another good sized couple of pools and a kids pool. Again clean, loads of loungers/parasols, not as much natural shade. The pool bar here was open all day and the staff put on activities for the kids at 3pm (water polo etc). This pool bar served a wider variety of food/drinks/cocktails, whilst the drinks were fine and a fairly standard price, the food wasn't great for the price and pretty basic. All pool bar staff were very friendly. We tended to get food and drink from the mini market and have lunch in our room. Mini market wasn't cheap but wasn't too bad, reasonable choice and friendly staff.

The location was good but a 15 minute walk into the centre of Carvoeiro - again not a problem for us but it might be for some. A free shuttle bus was available 3 times per day. We ate at the Italian restaurant on site once and although decent enough, we preferred the food in the centre of the town.

To sum up, positives include: Very clean, good pools, not too busy, activities if you have kids.
Negatives: A few stray cats (one walked into our room but not a problem generally), poor pool bar food, distance to the centre (only a negative if you don't like a stroll).

Very good overall and would have no problems returning or recommending to others.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple