We arrived at the hotel at start of april 2014. Our check in wasnt till 2pm so had to hang around but reception kindly let us in earlier as it was a horrible day with the weather. The location of the hotel is excellent if you like a quiet more relaxed holiday, definitely no loud clubs or towns near by to annoy you. We went all inclusive which i was a bit apprehensive about after being to some hotels in the past with awful food, but i was very pleased with hotel baia cristal's food and the choice was great, there was a huge range and local dishes to try which was lovely! The staff were all very friendly, the only thing i can fault them on, is that none of them really knew what was included in the all inclusive, so you found sometimes certain staff were giving you more things and other staff members said no your not allowed that in all inclusive etc, so they didnt really have a grasp of what was allowed and not allowed, as i think it was a fairly new system to them all. The room was pleasant and big enough, a little disappointed in the "balcony" as we didnt really get a balcony as there was no fencing around it for it to be called a balcony as our apartment was on the ground floor. However, the room was pleasant and kept very clean. The shower was in very poor condition which i found annoying as i needed to use this daily, the hook you hang the shower on, dont know if it was broken or what was wrong with it, but it made the angle of the shower almost impossible to use each time which resulted in water flooding the bathroom floor at each use, the cleaners would of thought we made a right mess every day!
However all in all, we had a really really great time at hotel baia cristal and would definately stay again and recommend to friends and family! Big thumbs up!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of the most beautiful places in the Algarve, on a cliff top, the Hotel Baia Cristal offers a peaceful atmosphere with a fantastic sea view. Upon the beach of Vale Centeanes and 1700 m from Carvoeiro beach, this 4 star hotel has 120 rooms. With areas from 36m2 to 55m2, Hotel Baia Cristal has at your disposal 14 Suites sea view, 10 Suites garden view, 38 Rooms sea view and 58 Rooms land view, with Private bathroom, Satellite TV, Individual A/C, Minibar, Safe, Direct dial telephone, Balcony, Tea and Coffee facilities, Kitchenette (only in suites). Hotel Baia Cristal has at your disposal Restaurant Gaivota, a cosy restaurant with beautiful views to the sea. Open for breakfast and dinner with Portuguese and international cuisine; and Bar "Albatroz", a relaxing bar with live music, ideal for enjoying the sunset in the company of a delicious cocktail. The terrace serves meals and snacks throughout the day. During the Summer, there is also Barbeques, where guests can enjoy barbecues by the pool, filled with popular music and dance; and also a Pool Bar "BierGarten", where it is possible to enjoy refreshing drinks throughout the day. For Leisure, there are two outdoor Swimming pools, a kid's club, Tennis court, Giant chess board, Indoor Swimming pool, Sauna, Turkish bath, Fitness room, Massage and body treatment room, Games room (snooker, table football, ping pong and video games). For business purposes, there is Meeting room "Lagoa" with Capacity up to 80 people (8,5m x 10,85m x 2,29m). Other services: 24 Hour reception, Multilingual staff, Tour and information desk, Wireless internet, Live music, Car rental, Private parking, and a Shuttle bus to Carvoeiro. Vale de Centeanes Beach: 300m, Carvoeiro Beach: 1.7 km, Lagoa: 7.5 km, Portimao: 16 km, Faro Airport (FAO): 65 km, Lisbon Airport (LIS): 275 km. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Baia Cristal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baia Cristal Hotel
- Baia Cristal Vale Centianes
- Hotel Baia Cristal Carvoeiro, Portugal - Algarve