My partner and I have just returned home from the most amazing holiday in Carvoeiro. After reading the ''Never Again'' and ''Never Again 2'' reviews my partner and I thought to ourselves ''ohh my God... wot have we done'' but I can just say that the Hotel Baia Cristal was an amazing experience for us........ staff, food, views, and facilities all amazing!!!
First of all we went All Inclusive and would recommend this to anyone.
The rooms were a bit dated and pretty basic but anyone who wants a room to be a palace must just want to spend there holiday in the room (not much of a holiday)
Food was great especially lunch. Breakfast was ok with plenty of choice for everyones taste. Lunch was amazing!!! just sit at the bar or by the pool and pick from the great lunch menu I had fillet of steak and chips with fresh onion most days but my partner Ania had crab and prawn salad or lasagne etc etc it was a great choice each day. Dinner was also a pretty good choice especially on our final night we had duck with orange and we both loved it.
The swimming pools both indoor and outdoor were what you would expect from a hotel...... water in them!!..... there was a tennis court a games room and a gym that we also used and had no problems being all inclusive they were FREE :-)
The bar staff Paulo, Eduardo and Ricardo were brilliant and they are a credit to the Hotel always serving and talking many languages with a smile on there face..... in fact all staff were great except the young waiter in the restaurant he was ignorant to me having dinner one night when i asked him for the vinegar he just laughed and walked away from our table never to return with the vinegar.
Location of the Hotel was perfect as we went on this holiday for a week to relax and it was nice to have the choice of walking to the town either a 10 mins walk straight down the road or a 45 min walk by algar seco with some of the most amazing views u are ever likey to see. But having Centianes beach just a 2 minute walk away was amazing...... one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen.
This is the first time my partner and I have wanted to write a review on a hotel and its because its the first holiday we have been on that we have both wanted to return to the same place. So all in all this is a great hotel and pay no attention to the negativity in some reviews as a holiday is wot u make of it not other peoples opinions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of the most beautiful places in the Algarve, on a cliff top, the Hotel Baia Cristal offers a peaceful atmosphere with a fantastic sea view. Upon the beach of Vale Centeanes and 1700 m from Carvoeiro beach, this 4 star hotel has 120 rooms. With areas from 36m2 to 55m2, Hotel Baia Cristal has at your disposal 14 Suites sea view, 10 Suites garden view, 38 Rooms sea view and 58 Rooms land view, with Private bathroom, Satellite TV, Individual A/C, Minibar, Safe, Direct dial telephone, Balcony, Tea and Coffee facilities, Kitchenette (only in suites). Hotel Baia Cristal has at your disposal Restaurant Gaivota, a cosy restaurant with beautiful views to the sea. Open for breakfast and dinner with Portuguese and international cuisine; and Bar "Albatroz", a relaxing bar with live music, ideal for enjoying the sunset in the company of a delicious cocktail. The terrace serves meals and snacks throughout the day. During the Summer, there is also Barbeques, where guests can enjoy barbecues by the pool, filled with popular music and dance; and also a Pool Bar "BierGarten", where it is possible to enjoy refreshing drinks throughout the day. For Leisure, there are two outdoor Swimming pools, a kid's club, Tennis court, Giant chess board, Indoor Swimming pool, Sauna, Turkish bath, Fitness room, Massage and body treatment room, Games room (snooker, table football, ping pong and video games). For business purposes, there is Meeting room "Lagoa" with Capacity up to 80 people (8,5m x 10,85m x 2,29m). Other services: 24 Hour reception, Multilingual staff, Tour and information desk, Wireless internet, Live music, Car rental, Private parking, and a Shuttle bus to Carvoeiro. Vale de Centeanes Beach: 300m, Carvoeiro Beach: 1.7 km, Lagoa: 7.5 km, Portimao: 16 km, Faro Airport (FAO): 65 km, Lisbon Airport (LIS): 275 km. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Otel, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Baia Cristal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baia Cristal Hotel
- Baia Cristal Vale Centianes
- Hotel Baia Cristal Carvoeiro, Portugal - Algarve