I went for a city break with my girlfriend and we were both blown away by th is hotel. I wasnt expecting much given that the price was so reasonable but was pleasantly surprised when i checked in.
the room was massive, with a separate lounge type area, big bathrooms and bath tub, plus a decent sized balcony for beers in the sun. The leasure facilities were also amazing, with a great indoor pool, jacuzzi and a big outdoor pool as well with great views to the sea below. The staff were helpful although we didnt have any meals there apart from breakfast one day, which was good.
The location is the only minor downside to this place - there are a number of great restaurants around although you would need to drive - the place is still only about 10-15 min walk from the main restaurants etc. There is a huge parking lot so no prpoblem drving - which is recommended to get around beach hopping anyway. The hotel is about a 20min walk to the beach but we also drove there so no problem.
The beach in carvoeiro is also very quiet and absolutely stunning with a great cafe/restaurant by the seaside serving fresh fish and amazing piri piri chicken. We ate there every day of our trip!
overall amazing hotel, dont think we could have got any better deal for this budget!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of the most beautiful places in the Algarve, on a cliff top, the Hotel Baia Cristal offers a peaceful atmosphere with a fantastic sea view. Upon the beach of Vale Centeanes and 1700 m from Carvoeiro beach, this 4 star hotel has 120 rooms. With areas from 36m2 to 55m2, Hotel Baia Cristal has at your disposal 14 Suites sea view, 10 Suites garden view, 38 Rooms sea view and 58 Rooms land view, with Private bathroom, Satellite TV, Individual A/C, Minibar, Safe, Direct dial telephone, Balcony, Tea and Coffee facilities, Kitchenette (only in suites). Hotel Baia Cristal has at your disposal Restaurant Gaivota, a cosy restaurant with beautiful views to the sea. Open for breakfast and dinner with Portuguese and international cuisine; and Bar "Albatroz", a relaxing bar with live music, ideal for enjoying the sunset in the company of a delicious cocktail. The terrace serves meals and snacks throughout the day. During the Summer, there is also Barbeques, where guests can enjoy barbecues by the pool, filled with popular music and dance; and also a Pool Bar "BierGarten", where it is possible to enjoy refreshing drinks throughout the day. For Leisure, there are two outdoor Swimming pools, a kid's club, Tennis court, Giant chess board, Indoor Swimming pool, Sauna, Turkish bath, Fitness room, Massage and body treatment room, Games room (snooker, table football, ping pong and video games). For business purposes, there is Meeting room "Lagoa" with Capacity up to 80 people (8,5m x 10,85m x 2,29m). Other services: 24 Hour reception, Multilingual staff, Tour and information desk, Wireless internet, Live music, Car rental, Private parking, and a Shuttle bus to Carvoeiro. Vale de Centeanes Beach: 300m, Carvoeiro Beach: 1.7 km, Lagoa: 7.5 km, Portimao: 16 km, Faro Airport (FAO): 65 km, Lisbon Airport (LIS): 275 km. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TravelUp, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Baia Cristal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baia Cristal Hotel
- Baia Cristal Vale Centianes
- Hotel Baia Cristal Carvoeiro, Portugal - Algarve