We only stayed in this hotel for one night before heading to a villa we had booked.
I agree that this hotel is a little dated, but can't say it was massively dated and there are so many positive points that you soon forget that.
Check in was painless and quick, an added bonus was that the room was ready early enabling us to dump our bags in the room and go and explore. The ladies on reception were very friendly and welcoming.
We had a sea view room and it was definitely worth paying a bit extra for. We had a wonderful view over the beach and cave and our balcony was a lovely sun trap. The bathroom was a bit dated but the room itself was fine. The tv is an old tv and the English channels are limited but then we don't go on holiday to watch tv so we weren't bothered.
The gardens and pool area were lovely and clean- didn't use the pool as it was a bit too chilly! There is an indoor pool which again looked clean, but we find 't use it.
We only went to the bar in happy hour and the cocktails were delicious! Again, service was great. The indoor bar area is ok, serves a purpose! There is a nice outdoor area to sit in overlooking the pool area, but in march it was a bit too cold to sit out.
We didn't use the restaurant for our evening meal, only for breakfast. We say in the outdoor area for breakfast which was very pleasant. Breakfast was very tasty and plentiful, and I can't see what there could be to complain about.
Location of the hotel us great. A 5-10 minute walk (depending on your mobility). It is up a slight hill, but there are lots of taxis if necessary. There is a shuttle bus from the hotel to the centre, but only a couple of times in the day. Due to the close location of his hotel, you are close to a variety of restaurants and bars.
Checkout was easy and there is somewhere to store bags. There was a very friendly and helpful guy on reception (who also helps with bags) who assisted us on checkout.
All in all, a great hotel. Yes it could do with a big of tlc, but to me, the staff, service and location far outweigh that one tiny negative.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Algarve is a recognized holiday destination, but also a privileged destination for special meetings and memorable events. In the picturesque village of Carvoeiro, on Vale Covo beach, where the blue sea draws cutouts on the imposing cliffs and the fine sands contrast with the green of the golf courses, Tivoli Carvoeiro is reborn. The high standards of quality and level of service of the Tivoli brand are portrayed in this unique space of architecture aired and open to the horizon, which proves to be the right choice for the best family holidays as well as meeting and differentiating events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TravelUp, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Tivoli Carvoeiro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Carvoeiro Hotel Carvoeiro
- Tivoli Hotel Carvoeiro
- Carvoeiro Tivoli Hotel
- Hotel Tivoli Almansor
- Tivoli Carvoeiro Portugal - Algarve