Our party of four (two couples) stayed the first week of October. As others say request a sea view room, on floor 3 or 4 - floor two is a little low. We stayed in rooms 423 and 424 which look out a little to the right of straight out 422, 421, 420 etc. would be a little more direct. Reception is on the fifth floor as is the main bar with outside terrace and the (evening) dining room, again with outside terrace. Our rooms were directly below said bar and dining room terraces but there was little noise and no food odours to trouble, however, rooms on the sixth floor above these facilities, if there are any, might suffer. The hotel setting is indeed quite spectacular, perhaps the most appealing aspect of a stay in Carvoeiro. As other reviewers have commented the hotel is a little faded and in need of some TLC but quite okay nonetheless. Clearly the hotel was drawing towards end of season and some facilities were not available, e.g. pool bar but there were advantages in that at the start of our week the low numbers of guests meant that breakfast was served in the fifth floor dining room so we had access to the outside terrace. The hotel filled up later in the week (a wedding party) so the hotel reverted to serving breakfast in the usual fourth floor room which is on the opposite side of the building to the sea, is below ground level so is enclosed and rather dull other than an atrium on one side of the room. The breakfast fare was pretty standard: buffet eggs, bacon, sausages, beans, fruit etc. etc. but quite okay. We were half board and found the "gourmet" restaurant was somewhat less than 4* and gourmet it was not. The soup was always good as were the deserts, the cold/salad starters were unadventurous but we found the main course choice to be very limited: most evenings there were two fish and two meat options, a variety of rice, pasta and potatoes and usually one vegetable - one evening one of the fish options was squid and the vegetable was sprouts!?! curious to say the least. On reflection perhaps B&B might have been a better option, there being quite a number of reasonable restaurants on the hill down to Carvoeiro village. Carvoeiro village is quite small but larger than we expected with plenty of shops selling locally produced items (pottery, slippers (seemingly everywhere) and so on).
A word of caution re "Follow Me! Tours", their estimation of the length of the tour is somewhat conservative because of the number of pick-ups they make, e.g. we booked on a half-day tour to Lagos, Sagres & Cape St Vincent which we were led to believe would be from 1pm to about 6-6.30pm. We were picked up at 1 o'clock and after a rather tedious pick-up tour of Portimao and Pria da Rocha arrived at Lagos at 2.50 to be advised that the last drop-off at the end of the tour (at the Tivoli) would be at about 8 o'clock and that we had an hour at Lagos before moving off again. My wife and I decided to leave the tour, stay at Lagos and taxi back to the Tivoli while my brother and his wife stayed with the tour. The return by taxi took 30 min rather than the 1 hr 50 min the tour took to reach Lagos and my brother did not get back to the Tivoli until 8.35. The tour took in Port da Piedade (15 min to photo the rocks) passed Sagres, spent 15 min at Cape St Vincent (to photo the rocks and the lighthouse) then trawled back, again visiting half the hotels in Portimao/ P da Rocha. If you enjoy riding in a coach for for 6 hrs for 1 1/2 hrs of photo opportunities then this is for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Algarve is a recognized holiday destination, but also a privileged destination for special meetings and memorable events. In the picturesque village of Carvoeiro, on Vale Covo beach, where the blue sea draws cutouts on the imposing cliffs and the fine sands contrast with the green of the golf courses, Tivoli Carvoeiro is reborn. The high standards of quality and level of service of the Tivoli brand are portrayed in this unique space of architecture aired and open to the horizon, which proves to be the right choice for the best family holidays as well as meeting and differentiating events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, TravelUp, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Tivoli Carvoeiro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Carvoeiro Hotel Carvoeiro
- Tivoli Hotel Carvoeiro
- Carvoeiro Tivoli Hotel
- Hotel Tivoli Almansor
- Tivoli Carvoeiro Portugal - Algarve