“Friendliest or most annoying restaurant in Carvoeiro?”
Review of Restaurant A Rede

Restaurant A Rede
Ranked #46 of 154 Restaurants in Carvoeiro
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We were talked inside by the chaps on the pavement and whilst we waited 15 minutes for an inside table to be ready, when we did get inside we were provided with mountains of bread.

Good italian cuisine and large portions (although my Mafiosi pizza wasn't as spicy as the waiter had intimated). One chap (think he could have been the owner/manager) kept chatting to patrons and gave thanks and handshakes before everyone left - like another reviewer, I'm not sure if this was super-friendly or intrusive.

Enjoyable night and good food anyways...

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

We were warmly greeted and attended to well throughout our visit. Slight delay in getting our meal but we received copious amounts of alcohol and wonderful bread. I had stone cooked lamb and it was wonderful. We would visit again.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

To be honest, I cannot make my mind up about the place. The important thing, the food was of a high quality, and well cooked; but I was not convinced about what came with it. This was the second time that we have eaten in A Rede; and on both occasions, I could not make my mind up if the service was attentive, (with lapses), or intrusively over the top.
We were greeted at the door by a waiter who said a table would be ready in 7? minutes, but we could have a drink in an adjoining bar,and would be called when the table was ready. No chance! I presume that the manager heard this, and found us a table, in the glass-surrounded area which surrounds the restaurant, straight away.
Our drinks order was forgotten about, the usual ****** olives had to be turned away, but when the mains came they were excellent, except for the obligatory frozen chips. We had a short break, ordered desserts, (my wife's excellent, mine so-so), and started to tuck in. I know I should take a chill pill, but when a big guy with a cigar sat three feet from me and lit up, I was ready to walk. Beware! Apparently the glass-surrounded area counts as outside, and if you don't fancy a full Corona in your face, keep away. This guy was a regular, they said, and they were reluctant to deter him. So, we finished our desserts, asked for the bill, had a free port each, but will not return unless the owner finds us a table well inside the building. Oh, and our bill contained a bottle of green wine, enjoyed by some other smokers on a nearby table. Thankfully, being a tightwad, I noticed it.
To sum up; like the food, do not propose to be called to eat, want my order to be acted upon the first time of asking, and refuse to sit next to cigar-smoking, inconsiderate people who do not give a damn about your comfort or enjoyment. Oh, and it is not cheap, so expect the best of everything.
And, from our first visit; be sure you like spicy if you order the fillet Pavarotti. I was warned!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I actually rang and booked a table in this restaurant as the reviews I had read were generally good. When passing the restaurant later on during the day we planned to eat there we went in and asked if we could eat in a specific area. No problem and we were shown the table we would be seated at. All good, so far. When we turned up, on time, we were asked to sit in what was actually either the car park or the footpath . We said No thanks. They asked us to wait for five minutes and they would get us a better table. This did happen, after 20 minutes. During the 20 minutes we placed our food orders . We declined the usual cover starter and opted for a starter from the menu. They did not appear happy with this. We were waiting 45 minutes for our bruschetta starter at which stage we were tempted to leave. The manager and some of the waiting staff were unbelieveably pushy and bordering on being rude and over personal. I could see from the reactions of other diners they felt the same. The only redeeming feature of this restaurant was that the food we did receive was very nice. Not cheap but good. However if I return to Carvoeiro I would not return here to eat. There are far too many more pleasant restaurants to enjoy in the area. Their " friendliness" was totally false. We had one waiter who served us who appeared to be genuinely nice and pleasant. We ensure he got our tip as most of the others did not deserve it. The following day we ate in Primavera across the road and the difference in service and atmosphere was the exact polar opposite and we regretted not having gone there instead the previous evening.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

This restaurant is one of the first you come accross when walking down the hill into the town. The staff are outside giving all the old banter and are really pushy. The get you in an take you to the bar and put a beer in your hand as if it is complimentary but they charge you for it. Its very chaotic and even when at the table they are trying to force you to buy wine they they want to get rid of. The house wine here is €13 where as a few doors down it is €7.50. its a complete rip off and at the end of the day they are loosing out as most people return to Carvoeiro but not to that resturant. There are so many good restaurants to choose from, stay away from this one.