“It was a gem, but now disgusting! Don't go here if you have any taste”
Review of Trattoria Oliveira

Trattoria Oliveira
Ranked #79 of 146 Restaurants in Carvoeiro
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Groningen, The Netherlands
“It was a gem, but now disgusting! Don't go here if you have any taste”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We are familiar with this restaurant, since we have visitit the resort where it is situated (Quinta do Paraiso) dozens of times.

It always used to be quite nice, not brilliant, but just nice. Especially when you've arrived after a full day of travel, it was a comfortable thought that the first night you could enjoy the pizza's, pasta's and some local specialties.

And always crowded, reason why I already booked a table before we left.

However, the restaurant was taken over by a new owner that apparently is more interested in money than in decent home cooking.

Upon arrival it became immediatly clear that there wasn't any reason for my early booking. This should have warned, but my internal alarm must have been asleep.

I've had the worst ceasars salad in all my life. I discarded de majority of the half pound! of anchovy. The remainder was more than enough to keep me thirsty till the morning. The bruscetta my wife had was something that every Italian would judge as a disgrace. Pizza's are pale and the pasta al forno I had lacked every taste, but fore some reason was bathing in water though.

Please, please, please, Management of Quinta do Paraiso, please give us back the place we used to know and were quite happy with!

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Marc H

“Great little find!!”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Idyllic setting, fabulous food, really friendly staff, great value. What more could you want!!! We found it purely by chance and loved it. We will definitely be going back before we leave.

3 Thank Fussysoandso