“I cant wait to go back!”
Review of Julio's Restaurant

Julio's Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 156 Restaurants in Carvoeiro
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This restaurant was a few minutes walk from Rocha Brave where I stayed and has a lovely clean fresh exterior, with cosy tables inside and a great friendly atmosphere.

The staff were all excellent and the food was delicious, service was quick and the drinks were being topped up without needing to ask, considering the high quality of the food the cost was more than reasonable, I will definitely be returning here next time I go to Portugal.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

I don't think you should ever visit Carvoiero without dining at Julio's. Excellent all round service and food.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

We went twice to Julio's during a recent break in the Algarve. The first visit was so outstanding that we hoped we would probably dine there most evenings; the fish was excellent, beautifully cooked and served and the house wine very palatable. Our waiter was happy and friendly and (for once in the Algarve) didn't mind giving us tap water in a jug instead of an expensive bottle of water. Unfortunately the second visit didn't quite live up to the first one, as there were different waiting staff and they were quite unfriendly and sullen, which made a big difference. I also had the chicken piri piri and was dismayed to find that it was quite a small portion and to be honest, I never knew a chicken had so many rib bones; it made me wonder if someone had been out shooting rabbits that morning .....

The chef cooked most of the food on a large open-air grill, and was marinading and preparing it there also, in full view, which was good.

There is a large children's play area (you would need to supervise your child there as it is close to the road) so makes this a good choice for young families.

I would have given it a "5" rating if the second visit had been less of a let-down, but perhaps I caught them on an off night. Certainly they have a good menu selection and the ambience is very airy and light with a choice of dining inside, out or in the conservatory.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

Julios is the best restaurant by far in Carvoeiro and the food is excellent and the service is second to none, we went three times during our six night stay and next time we visit we will go every night

2  Thank wildthing693
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Having visited Julio's many times over the years I have to say it has gone downhill. We booked by phone in advance and certainly had a nice table. However we felt ripped off by the cover charge of 2 euros for the pate and a few olives (8 euros for 4 of us) and the Cataplana consisted of a couple of pieces of white fish and 3 very small prawns, which was disappointing as we waited over 45 minutes. Feel it is now very over priced and staff not as friendly as in the past. Resting on its laurels.