“Worst pizza /pasta ever, even our server didn’t recommend it.”
Review of Tia Ilda

Tia Ilda
Ranked #92 of 174 Restaurants in Carvoeiro
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 4, 2019

If I could, I wouldn’t give this any stars. You should always pay attention to the waiters opinion, unfortunately we chose this restaurant as we had a craving for pizza/pasta and despite visit8ng Carvoeiro many years, hadn’t been to this restaurant.

We ordered a pizza and carbonara. The waiter said, I wouldn’t recommend carbonara as it’s something you can make at home. I did say, we are not at home and it’s the only pasta we wanted so we ordered it anyway. After I was thinking we should have listened to him. The spaghetti looked like it had been sat a while already cooked and didn’t have enough of anything to make it a carbonara. The pizza was thinner and as crispy as a cracker. A very disappointing meal and the worst we have ever had in all our 24 years eating out in Carvoeiro.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed December 6, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had been to this restaurant before and sat upstairs with views across the beach. However the upstairs area was closed for refurbishment and the grill was also closed. We sat downstairs with still reasonable views across the beach and out to sea. We had garlic prawns and then oven cooked sea bass, in a lovely tomato and onion sauce, with boiled potatoes. All accompanied by a nice Alentejo white wine. In bright sunshine, a great way to spend lunchtime.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed November 6, 2018

Buzzing restaurant. We tried the arroz marisco but it was not as flavoursome as we'd hoped. Should have had the kebabs we saw another table having - looked fantastic.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed October 17, 2018 via mobile

Booked her for just the 2 of us.
Partner was 50.
Asked the lady on the phone for a special desert or something.
They did not disappoint.
We were recommended this place by our host of our apartment.
The food itself was lovely. The name has changed to Don Carvoeiro.
Very nice and friendly staff.
The place was not busy so food came and a nice pace. I just had pizza but was a wonderful thin crisp base. The way I asked.
Partner has Seabass and it was delicious. Tasted it myself.
Mixed salad for a starter.
All in all a wonderful tatty meal. Good value.
They even came out and sang Happy birthday for my partner.
Here for a week and will defo be back

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 29, 2018

We ate here twice while in Carvoeiro and both night all 6 meals were great, could not fault anything about it, staff very friendly and the food was really fresh and only a short wait from ordering, very reasonably priced could not fault anything.

Date of visit: September 2018