“Score draw”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stopped using this restaurant a while back,not because of the food which can be outstanding,but we felt that the service was becoming too intrusive,and therefore spoiling the dining experience. At lunchtime last week,seated outside that problem did not occur.
For 13euros my wife ate a shrimp cocktail,followed by John Dory,and raved about both.Being a non fish eater,I could have had a soup for a starter and then chicken in a mushroom sauce. The outside temperature was too hot for soup so I went for the remaining option,i.e. The chicken. This arrived so dry that the sauce was needed to give it moisture.Even my wife apologised for her having the superior meal. If fish is the speciality of the restaurant,to the exclusion of meat,perhaps I'll pass next time,letting her go on her own.

1  Thank alancgreen8

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Bit late in writing this review, (busy times) but back in July - on the 22nd to be precise. My husband took me for a surprise dinner to Pimenta Preta, a place we have visited before and never been disappointed. On this particular evening, Nuno found out it was our 10th Wedding Anniversary, took the menus away from us and presented us with an umpteen course meal that was to die for!!! Each course had an accompanying wine, which was perfectly matched and we had the most lovely evening. So, although belated, thank you so much Nuno and staff, you made our wedding anniversary complete.!

2  Thank GMHarbour
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary at Pimenta Preta earlier this week, having heard good reports but never got round to going there. A friend recommended the "tasting menu" which we didn't have as we didn't feel that hungry, but the meal we had was absolutely top notch in every respect. This really is a first class establishment, serving excellent food and wine with exemplary service. Yes, a little expensive, but in life you get what you pay for, and this place is worth every penny. If want to indulge yourself, or celebrate a special occasion, this is the place.

1  Thank Bill S
Reviewed September 7, 2012

OK so I reviewed this restaurant from our visits in April, but feel compelled to again because it is consistently excellent by any International standards. We ate there a couple of evenings and a couple of lunchtimes in August. As before the standard of food was fantastic. The wine list is relatively short but excellent quality. Fantastic Portugese wines that you simply cannot buy outside of Portugal. All the staff and Nuno himself are extremely knowledgeable about the wines and know the producers.
I cannot fault the quality or service and we have thoroughly enjoyed every meal.
Go...........!

1  Thank Kevan T
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I have a villa in the area and was not aware of the existence of this restaurant until yesterday when I was looking through Tripadvisor for good restaurants in the Praia do Carvoeiro zone. I went there Thursday, august 30, 2012. We were 3 adults: my wife, my daughter and myself. The manager Nuno Diogo is impeccable, always striving to please. His staff service was also outstanding. The food and wine were perfect. Additionally we had the unexpected pleasure of having a singer of “fado” performing for us. I rate this restaurant very highly.