All reviewsdeluxe suitedressing areadownstairs toiletall inclusive packagemaster bedroompool areaself cateringstayed all inclusivemain bedroomfully equipped kitchentennis clubdishwasher tabletshalf boardgames roomreception staffsun loungersrestaurants within walking distance
Reviewed May 13, 2015 via mobile

We arrived here Thursday 7th May after booking ALL INCLUSIVE from a local airport with Easy Jet.
Cannot fault the resort, the weather or the area.
We've visited this hotel before in 2013 and had such good value for money we didn't hesitate in booking again for £500.00 per person!
Al la Carte menu can be repetitive but it's good, and there are plenty of good places to eat in the town.
Carvoeiro is about a 4k walk down the hills to a beautiful beach and small restaurant/bar area.
We visited O Indiano which is a must if you like Indian cuisine.
Great holiday and will definitely return.

Stayed: May 2015, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kazzak1975
Reviewed May 11, 2015 via mobile

This is an incredibly good value resort. It may not be 5* by British standards. But frankly these people can't do enough for you. You get a huge villa per couple and beautiful a la carte meals throughout your stay. Anything wrong is rectified immediately and if you complain about this kind of resort, you should perhaps question your standards. We paid £500 per person all inclusive. Now where in Europe can you get this kind of accommodation for that price?

Stayed: May 2015, traveled as a couple
3  Thank EMILY W
Reviewed May 10, 2015

I have just returned from a one week stay and have nothing but praise for this place! Having arrived late and there being some confusion about our booking the team and the manager did everything they could to sort thd issue quickly and effectively. The grounds are beautiful and maintained to an incredible standard. The villas are stunning, modern and spacious! They really are 5* despite some of the reviews on here. The team of staff here are amazing! Ana and Rui made our stay extra special and deserve a special mention! They really were incredible! The food...well what can I say! The food was sensational! During the week we had quail, foie gras, fresh tuna, veal, lamb, salmon, duck just to mention a few! The lunch menu was equally as good! The breakfast had everything from fresh fruit to a full english Portuguese style with a glass of cava on the side! There is a 24 hour mini market on site with great amenities like tennis courts etc. The spa is great value boasting back and leg massage for €20! All in all this place is fantastic and well worth a visit! Worth every penny! I've read some of the other reviews and they are far from what we experienced! Do not hesitate to book! You won't be disappointed!

Stayed: May 2015, traveled with family
7  Thank Shaun M
Reviewed May 10, 2015 via mobile

Just visited this hotel for 5 nights, the food was amazing no buffet style all inclusive as you'd normally get, the accommodation was really clean and spacious and the staff couldn't do enough to make our stay special, we enjoyed it so much that we have booked already to return with the family in October this year. 5stars definitely.

Stayed: May 2015
2  Thank Hayley1974
Reviewed May 8, 2015

First of all I'd like to thank all the staff at the hotel for making our stay so pleasant and relaxing. We stayed all inclusive so all our meals and drinks were catered for which took away all the stress of food shopping, prepping, cooking and cleaning. For 1 whole week I didn't have to lift my finger to clean 1 single dish whatsoever(well apart from the babies milk bottles and dummies), you really don't know how amazing that feels. I didn't have to worry about whats for breakfast, lunch, dinner. Not having to stress over the mess after the wee ones meals, not having to think about preparing food suitable for her, well anyway you get my drift, I have the best week of my life. I would recommend all inclusive to everyone, if you can afford it, just go for it. But either way, if you like cooking the hotel had everything you need to prepare your meals. Spacious kitchen with oven, cooker, hob, microwave, full size fridge freezer, all cutlery, utensils, crockery and glassware. you name it, I saw it there.

We staying in a 2 bedroom family suite which I would called a 2 bedroom apartment. Downstairs was a open plan living room, dining room and kitchen and toilet and upstairs was 2 very good sized bedrooms both en-suite. Master bedroom had a small balcony with some seating and also a nice dressing area. When we arrived there was already a baby cot prepared however we did have to ask for a couple stair gates to stop the little one climbing the stairs. This was brought to us next day as it was already late when we called reception abut it.
After reading reviews regarding the Wifi, we brought our own Mini Wifi Router, however the hotel did provide us with one too but we couldn't get it working so used our own one.

Food was lovely at the hotel, service was great, everyone was really welcoming and attentive. Staff were happy to accommodate all and every requirement if it was physically possible. Breakfast was buffet style with the usual scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, mushrooms and occasional hot porridge, lots of cold meat/cheese selection, delicious fresh fruit, cereals, and yogurts. However I was just interested in the delicious croissants and apple pastries they had. On one morning there was mini Portuguese tarts too, pity I didn't see them again for the rest of the stay. Lunch was from a standard menu and consists of pizza, pasta, burgers and salads. I have to say everything was pretty tasty, I particularly liked the pizza, my girls and partners loved the burgers and chicken wings and my little one was happy with her pasta. Dinner is a mix between buffet or a la carte. The first 3 nights we were served from the a la carte menu and just as we were getting a little tired and bored of the same dishes every night they changed to a buffet for the rest of our stay which was a nice change and very welcomed by all of as as we had exhausted the selection of starters and mains the previous 3 nights. 1 night of the buffet was seafood theme, one night was poolside bbq, 1 was Portuguese and I cant remember what the other night was. poolside BBQ was our fav, Lovely selection of fresh meat, and skewered vegetables. Fillet steak, sirloin steaks, rump steaks and T-bone steaks were all on offer and the lovely chef cooked it on the bbq for you. We even asked if the kitchen could make us some peppercorn sauce which they happily did for us too.

This was our first time in Portugal so we didnt really know what to expect and what we were looking for, we just wanted a relaxng holiday for the family. From reading reviews before hand we knew we needed a car so we hired one from Hertz at Faro airport so saved us money on the transfers from airport to hotel. The journey took around 50 mins as we got a little lost initially but once we figured out our bearings we were fine for the rest of the trip. The car probably cost us around £300 for the week for a Renault Megan estate which was good for us(family of 5). When you initially book the car its relatively cheap around £150 for a weeks rental, however once you add car seat, every driver insurance, upgrade for estate it comes to a lot more. But I guess its up to you to decide what you need, we didn't add the excess waiver since that was around £120, i thought that was a little steep. Thank god the car was intact when we handed it back or it would've been £2000 excess!!!

If you've never been to Portugal like us, the beaches are stunning and so many to choose from. They have massive beaches with sun loungers to hire, restaurants and beach bars, down to private little beaches which is usually accessible by some steps but the scenery from the cliffs of some of these beaches is incredible.

All in all the whole family had an amazing stay at the hotel. The hotel was just fantastic and exactly what we all needed to refresh ourselves. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend anyone to this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2015, traveled with family