Rocha Brava Village Resort(Carvoeiro)(Great Value!)
$211
$112
$270
$232
Pestana Palm Gardens(Carvoeiro)(Great Value!)
$164
$153
Tivoli Carvoeiro(Carvoeiro)
$243
$141
$113
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $155/night.

$216
Colina Village(Carvoeiro)(Great Value!)
$113
HotelsClick
  • Pool
Hotel Mirachoro Praia(Carvoeiro)(Great Value!)
$530
$450
All reviewsdeluxe suitedressing areadownstairs toiletall inclusive packagemaster bedroompool areaself cateringstayed all inclusivesteam roommain bedroomfully equipped kitchentennis clubdishwasher tabletshalf boardgames roomreception staffsun loungers
Reviewed May 8, 2015

First of all I'd like to thank all the staff at the hotel for making our stay so pleasant and relaxing. We stayed all inclusive so all our meals and drinks were catered for which took away all the stress of food shopping, prepping, cooking and cleaning. For 1 whole week I didn't have to lift my finger to clean 1 single dish whatsoever(well apart from the babies milk bottles and dummies), you really don't know how amazing that feels. I didn't have to worry about whats for breakfast, lunch, dinner. Not having to stress over the mess after the wee ones meals, not having to think about preparing food suitable for her, well anyway you get my drift, I have the best week of my life. I would recommend all inclusive to everyone, if you can afford it, just go for it. But either way, if you like cooking the hotel had everything you need to prepare your meals. Spacious kitchen with oven, cooker, hob, microwave, full size fridge freezer, all cutlery, utensils, crockery and glassware. you name it, I saw it there.

We staying in a 2 bedroom family suite which I would called a 2 bedroom apartment. Downstairs was a open plan living room, dining room and kitchen and toilet and upstairs was 2 very good sized bedrooms both en-suite. Master bedroom had a small balcony with some seating and also a nice dressing area. When we arrived there was already a baby cot prepared however we did have to ask for a couple stair gates to stop the little one climbing the stairs. This was brought to us next day as it was already late when we called reception abut it.
After reading reviews regarding the Wifi, we brought our own Mini Wifi Router, however the hotel did provide us with one too but we couldn't get it working so used our own one.

Food was lovely at the hotel, service was great, everyone was really welcoming and attentive. Staff were happy to accommodate all and every requirement if it was physically possible. Breakfast was buffet style with the usual scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, mushrooms and occasional hot porridge, lots of cold meat/cheese selection, delicious fresh fruit, cereals, and yogurts. However I was just interested in the delicious croissants and apple pastries they had. On one morning there was mini Portuguese tarts too, pity I didn't see them again for the rest of the stay. Lunch was from a standard menu and consists of pizza, pasta, burgers and salads. I have to say everything was pretty tasty, I particularly liked the pizza, my girls and partners loved the burgers and chicken wings and my little one was happy with her pasta. Dinner is a mix between buffet or a la carte. The first 3 nights we were served from the a la carte menu and just as we were getting a little tired and bored of the same dishes every night they changed to a buffet for the rest of our stay which was a nice change and very welcomed by all of as as we had exhausted the selection of starters and mains the previous 3 nights. 1 night of the buffet was seafood theme, one night was poolside bbq, 1 was Portuguese and I cant remember what the other night was. poolside BBQ was our fav, Lovely selection of fresh meat, and skewered vegetables. Fillet steak, sirloin steaks, rump steaks and T-bone steaks were all on offer and the lovely chef cooked it on the bbq for you. We even asked if the kitchen could make us some peppercorn sauce which they happily did for us too.

This was our first time in Portugal so we didnt really know what to expect and what we were looking for, we just wanted a relaxng holiday for the family. From reading reviews before hand we knew we needed a car so we hired one from Hertz at Faro airport so saved us money on the transfers from airport to hotel. The journey took around 50 mins as we got a little lost initially but once we figured out our bearings we were fine for the rest of the trip. The car probably cost us around £300 for the week for a Renault Megan estate which was good for us(family of 5). When you initially book the car its relatively cheap around £150 for a weeks rental, however once you add car seat, every driver insurance, upgrade for estate it comes to a lot more. But I guess its up to you to decide what you need, we didn't add the excess waiver since that was around £120, i thought that was a little steep. Thank god the car was intact when we handed it back or it would've been £2000 excess!!!

If you've never been to Portugal like us, the beaches are stunning and so many to choose from. They have massive beaches with sun loungers to hire, restaurants and beach bars, down to private little beaches which is usually accessible by some steps but the scenery from the cliffs of some of these beaches is incredible.

All in all the whole family had an amazing stay at the hotel. The hotel was just fantastic and exactly what we all needed to refresh ourselves. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend anyone to this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2015, traveled with family
4  Thank mandy w
Reviewed May 6, 2015

3rd time here for us. The accommodation is in 2 storey air conditioned villas within the grounds. Each is equipped to a high standard. Each room has kitchen toilet and lounge with bed settee down stairs and one or 2 bedrooms upstairs along with on suite. The larger bedroom is open if 2 people are staying both bedrooms if more than 2 people. Beds are a little on the hard side for me.

Rooms can be a fair way from the reception/pool and restaurant area. The furthest rooms would be about 5 mins walk away by pathway through the gardens. Less able people should try and get a room close to the facilities which are all close the entrance. There is one villa adapted for use by disabled people but it is still a little tricky getting to the restaurant and bar area if you use a wheelchair

Staff are brilliant and as a returning guest I felt very special but they treat everyone the same although sadly some nationalities don't seem as pleasant as others to the staff. Staff will always find time to chat even though they are very busy at meal times. The restaurant is ample for the more quieter times of the year at the start or end of the season but can be busy during the more popular times but this was coped with very well whilst I was there. The menu is al la cart and food really excellent but during busy times they can revert to a buffet menu to try and help keep things moving. Lunch time in the restaurant is generally fairly quiet. The all inclusive is very good value for money as it is quite expensive for drinks and food.

The pool area can be fairly quiet at times and there was no trouble getting beds and umbrellas. But there are not loads of beds so it may be more difficult at busy times. Pool is cold but there is also an indoor one which is much warmer.

Theres a small Gym with multi gym machine, bike and a running machine which are free to use.

There are artificial ponds around the villas which have a lot of frogs which are very noisy in the evening and during the night but this inst really noticeable with the shutters down and windows closed. During our stay we had no insect bites either.

Its a 30 min walk down fairly steep hills into Carvoeiro and off course up hills on the way back. Taxi's can be ordered from reception into town at about 6 Euro. Quiet a few people hire cars at the airport and keep them for the week and this is recommended if you like to be out and about rather than by the pool. car parking is provided close to each villa.

I would recommend this hotel as a chill out hotel. Its easy going, quiet and there is no surrounding noise at night time other than the frogs.

Room Tip: Less abled should be aware bedrooms are up stairs. Rooms with lower numbers are nearest to the restaurant and pool
  • Stayed: May 2015, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Philip B
Reviewed April 29, 2015 via mobile

Everything about this resort is first class. The accommodation is excellent, The food is excellent & the service is spot on. As hard as I try, I simply can't fault it. Go to this resort, you won't be disspaointed.

Stayed: April 2015, traveled with family
4  Thank Lloyd F
Reviewed April 27, 2015

About 35 minutes walk from Carvoeiro (not all on a footpath) or a quick taxi ride away, this complex of over 80 two storey apartments (and villas) is fairly new but with well established shrubbery which makes it a pleasant place to be. No 23 was back from the cobbled road that goes around the site (parking available for your hire car) and was designed for at least 4 to stay so as a couple is was spacious to say the least. Huge lounge, comfortable seating, big TV and DVD player, dining table, kitchen with all mod-cons and another table. Downstairs even has a second toilet. Upstairs the master bedroom had a max size king bed, separate area with 2 large wardrobes (with safe), another TV and en-suite bathroom with separate shower cubicle. Electric shutters completely cover the patio doors to the balcony at night for perfect blackout - same downstairs where a table and 4 chairs were available outside.
We didn't need heat or air con but it was available on both floors.
It was generally very quiet although if the pond nearby had been on the bedroom side we might have had a frog chorus 24 hours a day - as it was that was just an entertaining background noise that made things more exotic.
The food we had was good if not ever exceptional and there were enough staff to help if needed. We would recommend a massage especially if discounts still on offer.
The gym disappoints - 1 treadmill, 1 bike and a multigym set up in a glass box near the indoor pool with no air conditioning. Perhaps they rely on their target audience not using it as that is very little for so many potential customers.
Wireless internet is only around the reception building - your room can have a wired connection for free but not wireless - no BBC iplayer on your tablet sitting in your apartment in the evening.
In season, boat trips are available off the town's beach. We didn't manage this which might be an excuse to return - we would consider it and would recommend this hotel especially if you can get a super internet deal as we did.
Tip: bring instant coffee / tea bags and dishwasher tablets.

Room Tip: Ask if bedroom faces away from any ponds.
  • Stayed: April 2015, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Andrew K
Reviewed April 26, 2015 via mobile

We stayed here from 20-25th April 2015 for my birthday, my sister had been here 3 years ago and said how lovely it was. A lot has changed since then. The villas still very lovely albeit a walk from the clubhouse. This is the first time I have ever been all inclusive too and won't be rushing to do that again as this has really put me off. The main reason we chose AI here is because it is ment to be a la carte dining. It said this on lastminute.com that we booked through, and also on the agua hotel website. It was far from a la carte.. Very very poor quality produce slopped in to serve yourself buffet style trays. One day especially,there was an 'Italian night'where there was lots of little sandwiches which were Infact extremely stale dry bread topped with a token bit of ham or cheese, there were some pizza slices, and some pasta that you could put your own choice of three sauces on, utterly disappointing. There was also a barbecue night sounds nice but in reality it was very poor meat that was so fatty and chewy it was inedible. I basically survived on dry bread and cold pasta all week. Please don't waste your money on this so called 5* hotel.

Stayed: April 2015, traveled on business