My friend and I stopped here in September, on arrival we were upgraded to a private villa with its own pool,we were extremely happy.The villa was very spacious,private and quiet, the beds very uncomfortable,one problem was as we were all inclusive it was a fair walk to the restaurant, pool etc,so bringing drinks back to the villa was mainly in cans.
The pool area never seemed busy although we never stayed around the pool area it was always very quiet and pool very cold.Spa facilities were not that good so we did not bother using them.
We could not fault the food cooked to order every night but excellent every time (3 course meal) the only problem we found it got very repetitive as the menu never changed.There was only one evening of entertainment which was not that good so if you are looking for a bit of life DON'T stop here.
One morning it was cloudy we decided we would go out for the day but we could not open the safe to get our money out, so when we went for breakfast.we spoke to reception, they said they would send the maintenance man down, but still at lunchtime still no maintenance man,so we mentioned again,by 5pm still no man so I called reception and was very cross as we had wasted a day, within 10 minutes the man arrived ,changed battery in the safe and got our money,by this time unfortunately too late to go out.Not much to do close by ,walked to nearest beach 35 mins,ok walking there as all downhill but walking back absolute nightmare and I consider myself fairly fit, so get a taxi!
If you want a really quiet, relaxing break then this is the right place to stop.We had a few niggles but as we were upgraded we could not complain that much.
Ask at reception when stopping all inclusive as there are certain times for certain things so ask for a list that itemises everything.
All in all we had a lovely time,don't know how I would have felt if had to use the main pool though.
Wifi only at main reception and very poor.Local drinks ok, house rose very nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amid extensive landscaped gardens and manmade ponds, this 5-star resort offers luxurious villas with free wired internet. It boasts an on-site 9-hole putting green and, outdoor pools and a Spa. All apartments are situated in 2-storey duplex villas that feature modern and stylish decor. Each unit has a large living room and a bedroom with a high ceiling and balcony. There is also a full kitchen. At Vale Da Lapa, guests can enjoy the exclusive clubhouse featuring a design restaurant and bar with outdoor terrace. Guests can sample regional flavours and carefully selected local products. Agua Hotels Vale Da Lapa also boasts a jogging trail, 2 paddle tennis courts, and a multi-use astroturf pitch. Children can have fun at the play area and children's pool. Vale Da Lapa Hotel has a private entrance to the neighbouring tennis club and several golf courses can be found in its vicinity. Caneiros and Carvoeiro beaches are less than 5 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Otel, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vale da Lapa Resort & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vale Da Lapa Resort & Spa Hotel Carvoeiro
- Vale Da Lapa Resort And Spa
- Vale Da Lapa Resort & SPA Carvoeiro, Portugal - Algarve