After returning from a recent 5-day, all-inclusive stay at Vale da Lapa, I would like to share my experiences of the hotel, accommodation, food, and service. On arrival, we were met in reception by two very friendly members of staff, and as our duplex apartment was on the far side of the complex, we were driven there with our cases by one of the reception staff, who also carried our luggage into the room, and showed us the accommodation on offer.
The two-storey apartment (basically a mini-villa), was of a very high standard, comprising a large, fully-fitted kitchen, downstairs w.c, spacious lounge and dining room, and downstairs secluded terrace area. Upstairs consisted of a large bedroom, separate dressing room/wardrobe area, and large luxury bathroom with separate bath, shower and bidet. There was also an additional upstairs terrace, and the quality of the fixtures and fittings was of a very high standard throughout, particularly the king-sized bed (very comfortable), sofas, and large wide-screen wall-mounted TV's in both the lounge and bedroom! The accommodation was very contemporary, giving the impression of a high-end luxury apartment. You couldn't fail to be impressed by the quality of all fixtures and fittings, and each window/patio door had electronically-controlled shutters for added privacy and security.
The complex itself consisted of around 70 duplex apartments and larger villas with pools, these were clearly built for sale as around a quarter of the properties had been sold (plans were available in the apartment, and the properties were for sale at prices between 400-900,000 euros (which give an impression of the kind of quality we are talking about)!
The complex itself was very pleasant, with large outdoor pool, small bar, restaurant with terrace, and indoor pool attached to the spa, with Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, and treatments and massages available.
Use of spa facilities was complimentary for guests (don't forget your swim cap if you want to use indoor pool/Jacuzzi)! As all-inclusive guests, we enjoyed a buffet breakfast, and a la carte lunch and dinner (which was a pleasant change from the usual buffet-style all-inclusive dining experience). All food was of a very high quality, particularly the dinner menu (which was mainly presented in a nouvelle cuisine-style) , for example, wild venison, rump steak, fish of the day, pork and chicken dishes. Certainly a step up from any other all-inclusive hotels and a treat for fans of fine dining!
All drinks were of great quality, and the house red wine (JMF) was particularly good, and available free on the all-inclusive package!
The staff were also great, very attentive and friendly, particularly our main waiter, Ze-Miguel (contrary to an earlier review, we found him to be very pleasant, helpful and polite at all times-perhaps you caught him on an off-day)!
The location was quiet, around 6 euros taxi trip or half-hour walk to nearby Carvoeiro, which was a delightful, quiet fishing village with a nice beach, bars and restaurants.
To summarise, if you want a quiet break, with amazing accommodation, good food and drink, and friendly staff, do not hesitate to book a break at Vale da Lapa!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amid extensive landscaped gardens and manmade ponds, this 5-star resort offers luxurious villas with free wired internet. It boasts an on-site 9-hole putting green and, outdoor pools and a Spa. All apartments are situated in 2-storey duplex villas that feature modern and stylish decor. Each unit has a large living room and a bedroom with a high ceiling and balcony. There is also a full kitchen. At Vale Da Lapa, guests can enjoy the exclusive clubhouse featuring a design restaurant and bar with outdoor terrace. Guests can sample regional flavours and carefully selected local products. Agua Hotels Vale Da Lapa also boasts a jogging trail, 2 paddle tennis courts, and a multi-use astroturf pitch. Children can have fun at the play area and children's pool. Vale Da Lapa Hotel has a private entrance to the neighbouring tennis club and several golf courses can be found in its vicinity. Caneiros and Carvoeiro beaches are less than 5 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vale da Lapa Resort & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vale Da Lapa Resort & Spa Hotel Carvoeiro
- Vale Da Lapa Resort And Spa
- Vale Da Lapa Resort & SPA Carvoeiro, Portugal - Algarve