We stayed here for 5 days in May 2013. The resort was very clean, certainly met our 5 star expections. We had the duplex villa with 2 en suite bedrooms upstairs. Everything you need was in the villa except food and water obviously you can buy from the nearby supermarcado InterMarche (about 5 min drive).
Breakfast had a lot of choices (no live cooking station though) and very fresh. Staff was very friendly. Pools looked very clean but was too cold to use. Indoor pools requires swim cap. Good steam room and sauna facilities. Also has a small kids pool next to the main pool. Games room, tennis and basketball courts are all there plus an outdoor kids playground.
Villa was super clean and maids came everyday to clean and change towels etc. All marble floors and kitchen equipment was BOSCH brand.
Resort location was quite good as it's kind of in the middle. 45 min drive from FARO airport but beaware if you use a SatNav as there are many new roads in the Algarve and not all roads are named so SatNav cannot find it. Best double check Google Map and SatNat device before setting off. When you see the water tower to your left take a left then stick to the right, you will find it in less a min. The sign wasn't very obvious though.
Very easy to drive to other towns such as Portimao, Lagos, Albeifeira etc all within 30min drive.
would have given it 5 star if the front desk were manned with more staff as we always saw people queuing for service as there was only one staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amid extensive landscaped gardens and manmade ponds, this 5-star resort offers luxurious villas with free wired internet. It boasts an on-site 9-hole putting green and, outdoor pools and a Spa. All apartments are situated in 2-storey duplex villas that feature modern and stylish decor. Each unit has a large living room and a bedroom with a high ceiling and balcony. There is also a full kitchen. At Vale Da Lapa, guests can enjoy the exclusive clubhouse featuring a design restaurant and bar with outdoor terrace. Guests can sample regional flavours and carefully selected local products. Agua Hotels Vale Da Lapa also boasts a jogging trail, 2 paddle tennis courts, and a multi-use astroturf pitch. Children can have fun at the play area and children's pool. Vale Da Lapa Hotel has a private entrance to the neighbouring tennis club and several golf courses can be found in its vicinity. Caneiros and Carvoeiro beaches are less than 5 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vale da Lapa Resort & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vale Da Lapa Resort & Spa Hotel Carvoeiro
- Vale Da Lapa Resort And Spa
- Vale Da Lapa Resort & SPA Carvoeiro, Portugal - Algarve