Stayed April 2013 for 5 night at Vale Da Lapa, family of four (kids aged 6 & 3). First impressions were good, receptionist spoke very good English and was very helpful and polite. When we arrived at the room again very happy as was basically a 2 bed townhouse/villa rather than an apartment/room. The accommodation had 2 good sized beds/2 bathrooms (+downstairs toilet), good sized kitchen and large living dining area with flat screen and DVD player. The resort itself is more like a holiday park, like an upmarket haven site with villas rather than caravans! There is an outdoor pool (not huge) and a small children's pool and an indoor pool (winter canopy) which forms part of the spa. The spa is a let down and frankly a little grotty for what is classed as a 5* resort. We stayed B&B, breakfast was ok but nothing more.
In summary very good large accommodation with limited facilities on the resort. Car hire is a must (used Luzcar - who were excellent!!) as although hotel states sea views (which there are - just) it would probably take a good 20-30 mins to walk and is up a very steep hill on way back! Paid £70 per night B&B for family of four so all in all very good value for money and would probably return if we came back to this area (which is nice).
Also if you do visit this area Ma-Ja's restaurant do great food and very good prices (kids eat free!) is English run, just one min up the hill to the west.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amid extensive landscaped gardens and manmade ponds, this 5-star resort offers luxurious villas with free wired internet. It boasts an on-site 9-hole putting green and, outdoor pools and a Spa. All apartments are situated in 2-storey duplex villas that feature modern and stylish decor. Each unit has a large living room and a bedroom with a high ceiling and balcony. There is also a full kitchen. At Vale Da Lapa, guests can enjoy the exclusive clubhouse featuring a design restaurant and bar with outdoor terrace. Guests can sample regional flavours and carefully selected local products. Agua Hotels Vale Da Lapa also boasts a jogging trail, 2 paddle tennis courts, and a multi-use astroturf pitch. Children can have fun at the play area and children's pool. Vale Da Lapa Hotel has a private entrance to the neighbouring tennis club and several golf courses can be found in its vicinity. Caneiros and Carvoeiro beaches are less than 5 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vale da Lapa Resort & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vale Da Lapa Resort & Spa Hotel Carvoeiro
- Vale Da Lapa Resort And Spa
- Vale Da Lapa Resort & SPA Carvoeiro, Portugal - Algarve