This resort is not 5* as it is it made out to be. I and 2 friends booked one of the town houses which is a 2 bed for 5 days. On arrival we were told that it needed to be cleaned but we could enter the place. The decor of the place is modern and had a comfortable feel. The cleaner arrived to clean the place but only did a quick wipe. There were food stains still on the carpet and rice, dead flies were on the window sill. I had to phone and go to reception all in all 3 times before our place was properly cleaned. I was willing to hoover the place myself. The cleaner made the excuse that the second bedroom is hardly occupied and that is why the dead flies went unmissed. However the resort knew that I an my friends were coming so why was the place not thoroughly cleaned beforehand? Once the place was cleaned, we felt at home. We went half board and cooked in the kitchen for lunch. If you plan on cooking you will have to buy essentials such as a sponge, washing up liquid, tea/ coffee. The resort have a little shop but it is pricey and there is not much to buy. We took a taxi to a nearby grocery store which has everything and cost us around 12 euros return with the same driver.
With regards to food breakfast was a standard buffet. You can order scrambled, boiled, or fried egg. Omelettes were not available, but it was previously said it was. Bacon, beans, sausages, bread, croissants, cake, fruits,cereale and yoghurt are available. The hot food is more like luke warm, but it was nice to have a some options. Dinner unfortunately was not up to scratch. There is was a lack of seasoning in the meats and the overall flavour in the meal was hardly there. However there is a bar menu which serves pizzas and burgers which had more of a taste.
The menu could have more of a variety also especially if you are there for more than 2 days.
With regards to the facilities I only used the spa. The treatment was nice but I did not use the facilities. The spa looks slightly run down with the decor which was a shame as I like to relax at the spa after a treatment. Instead I just had the treatment and left.
With regards to the location if you can hire a car that might be useful and less expensive. We didn't want to get lost so took a taxi. A taxi is useful for going into nearby places such as carvoeiro where there are shops and the beach. We couldn't relax at the beach as January is slightly cold, so we just went sightseeing and shopping, or relaxed in our house watching dvds, so that was good enough for us.
Overall we had a lovely holiday, and although the service could have been better, some members of staff made us feel very welcome. The young waiter at the bar was especially helpful and the receptionists. Little things such as a cleaner house, better quality of food, and wifi in the rooms instead of just at reception, would push the resort up to 4*-5* quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amid extensive landscaped gardens and manmade ponds, this 5-star resort offers luxurious villas with free wired internet. It boasts an on-site 9-hole putting green and, outdoor pools and a Spa. All apartments are situated in 2-storey duplex villas that feature modern and stylish decor. Each unit has a large living room and a bedroom with a high ceiling and balcony. There is also a full kitchen. At Vale Da Lapa, guests can enjoy the exclusive clubhouse featuring a design restaurant and bar with outdoor terrace. Guests can sample regional flavours and carefully selected local products. Agua Hotels Vale Da Lapa also boasts a jogging trail, 2 paddle tennis courts, and a multi-use astroturf pitch. Children can have fun at the play area and children's pool. Vale Da Lapa Hotel has a private entrance to the neighbouring tennis club and several golf courses can be found in its vicinity. Caneiros and Carvoeiro beaches are less than 5 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Vale da Lapa Resort & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vale Da Lapa Resort & Spa Hotel Carvoeiro
- Vale Da Lapa Resort And Spa
- Vale Da Lapa Resort & SPA Carvoeiro, Portugal - Algarve